“Best German Food in Asheville area”

Bavarian Restaurant & Biergarten
Ranked #173 of 784 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Houses
Description: The Bavarian Restaurant & Biergarten is located on 332 Weaverville Highway just a few minutes north of the city of Asheville, North Carolina. Each season abounds with it's own activities! We are only 20 minutes from The Biltmore House and Gardens, 13.4 Miles to the The Blue Ridge Parkway, and an hour drive to the beginning of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park at the Cherokee Indian Reservation. The Bavarian Restaurant & Biergarten is surrounded by abundant natural beauty, friendly atmosphere, wealth of year-round outdoor activities including winter skiing, hiking, biking, and fishing. Enjoy our rich history, and lively local arts and music scene. Just about every weekend from spring until fall, Asheville and its surrounding towns play host to all kinds of festivals from Bele Chere, the southeast's largest outdoor street festival, to the Mountain Dance & Folk Festival which celebrates the area's rich heritage.
Griffin, Georgia
“Best German Food in Asheville area”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I dined at this restaurant twice during the past seek. First I had schnitzel and then later sauerbraten. Both were wonderful as were the Vienna salad and spätzle and samples of their homemade sausage. Service was excellent.

Give them a try while in Asheville -- you won't be disappointed.

Bill

• Visited April 2013

Sunset Beach, North Carolina
“Odd atmosphere but excellent food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Look past the exterior and very cluttered and eclectic atmosphere, its worth it! My parents drove by and declined a couple times then I insisted hey let's give it a try after checking out the menu. Wow! We were all very glad we gave this place a chance. What wasn't good? I can't answer that. And to top it off they also in addition to fabulous traditional German entrees offer a great selection and preparation of wild game entrees. The Vienna salad.... Just bring me a punch bowl of that! The spatzel, bread, and herbed butter....OMG that is what eating was all about!! I had the butter steak. Fabulous! Tasty and tender and did I say tasty? The rest of my party all had schnitzels and raved about them. Give this place a try and I promise you will again and again and again......

• Visited April 2013
Berkley, Michigan
“authentic German food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It's a little off the beaten path but well worth the trip. They have an extensive beer and wine list, and recently have added unusual wild game to the specials. The night we were there, you could order kangaroo. I was sorry to have to pass up the homemade apple strudel and bread pudding.

Visited April 2013
North Branford, Connecticut, United States
“Best German I have had!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stumbled upon this place last summer 2012 on vacation in Asheville. We had a fantastic meal. So good that we have sought out many German restaurants but none have compared to this one. We have fond memories of the place and staff and decor! It was surprisingly good which shocked us because the outside was...strange and unusual. We reminisce about the food and can't wait to go back as we are relocating to Asheville in the Fall of 2013.

• Visited May 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
“Good food, cool place”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had the goulash and it was great, staff is very friendly, beer great also! I visit this place every time I go camping in North Carolina. Worth stopping by if you are in the area.

Visited May 2012