“Nice service, but I threw away the food”
Review of Thai Cuisine Express - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed June 15, 2015

We stayed at a hotel nearby and were looking forward to ordering take-out. We drove past this place, turned around, and went back to place a to-go order. The woman who took our order was nice and when we told her we were eating back at the hotel, she put extra napkins and forks in the bag for us. Hence the stars for service. My husband's Pad Thai was bland and the chicken rubbery. The fried spring rolls were fairly tasteless. My green curry was so thin it was nearly translucent; the vegetables were low-quality--heaps of celery that had turned brown, bamboo shoots, and carrot coins. I ended up throwing it away. The white rice was okay.

Reviewed October 18, 2014

This is a small, cozy restaurant that serves individually-created authentic Thai dishes that can be adapted to your personal preference of "spicy". There is a wide variety of dishes to choose from and the servings are very generous. It has seating for approximately 18 people but has never been crowded when we've been there. There appears to be two staff - the cook, Pom, who is from Thailand and one server. Service is good, serving time is about average, since everything is individually made. They also have a lot of folks who come to pick up their meals. If you like or want to try genuine Thai food, this is the place!

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I tried Thai cuisine Express a few years ago but did not like it at all. Recently a friend of mine asked me to come with her while we were in the neighborhood, so I thought I might try it a gain.
The spring roll was fried frozen, then refried again to serve you, the skin was so thick and oil absorbent, the filling was super sweet with MSG, I tried a curry dish and my friend had a
a Pad Thai. My curry was tasty of MSG, there is no depth of a real Thai curry, there is no typical spices as ginger, galangang in a Thai curry. My friend's Pad thai was really overcooked that the noddle was sticky, may be with the exaggerated sweet sauce.

If this is a fast food, the bad quality of food is expected, what I do not expect was the prices, the owner charges every dishes as much as any nice, beautiful ambience Thai restaurant in town. So why go to him to hae bad food, expensive pricing, and ugly ambience?

1  Thank moonn60
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Ok ... so it does not look like much...It does look, authenthic! The food and service, excellent! If you know Thai, the try Thai Express, you will not be disapointed, on your decision. The apperance, is worn, and not with alot of seats for stay to eat. This place is more of a take out kind of place.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

This place is by no means tourist based. I've been coming here for 5 years and I get a warm welcome the minute I walk in. I feel like I'm part of the family. Every dish is cooked made to order, on the spot. I'm vegan, which makes it hard to eat out, but it's no problem here. The food is always fresh, made with seasonal veggies that are bought locally. I eat at Thai Cuisine Express almost every week and am always more than satisfied. The food and the service is ALWAYS great. I love that it's totally local and sooooo affordable. The portions are HUGE for less than $10. Always enough for left-overs the next day. Very authentic and very friendly!!!

1  Thank lolavee1