“terrible Thai food loaded with MSG”
Review of Thai Cuisine Express - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
asheville
“terrible Thai food loaded with MSG”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I tried Thai cuisine Express a few years ago but did not like it at all. Recently a friend of mine asked me to come with her while we were in the neighborhood, so I thought I might try it a gain.
The spring roll was fried frozen, then refried again to serve you, the skin was so thick and oil absorbent, the filling was super sweet with MSG, I tried a curry dish and my friend had a
a Pad Thai. My curry was tasty of MSG, there is no depth of a real Thai curry, there is no typical spices as ginger, galangang in a Thai curry. My friend's Pad thai was really overcooked that the noddle was sticky, may be with the exaggerated sweet sauce.

If this is a fast food, the bad quality of food is expected, what I do not expect was the prices, the owner charges every dishes as much as any nice, beautiful ambience Thai restaurant in town. So why go to him to hae bad food, expensive pricing, and ugly ambience?

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank moonn60

Asheville, NC
“Thai? Got to try Thai Cuisine Express”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Ok ... so it does not look like much...It does look, authenthic! The food and service, excellent! If you know Thai, the try Thai Express, you will not be disapointed, on your decision. The apperance, is worn, and not with alot of seats for stay to eat. This place is more of a take out kind of place.

• Visited September 2011
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Thai Food in Asheville”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

This place is by no means tourist based. I've been coming here for 5 years and I get a warm welcome the minute I walk in. I feel like I'm part of the family. Every dish is cooked made to order, on the spot. I'm vegan, which makes it hard to eat out, but it's no problem here. The food is always fresh, made with seasonal veggies that are bought locally. I eat at Thai Cuisine Express almost every week and am always more than satisfied. The food and the service is ALWAYS great. I love that it's totally local and sooooo affordable. The portions are HUGE for less than $10. Always enough for left-overs the next day. Very authentic and very friendly!!!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank lolavee1
Asheville, NC
“Yum!”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Funny, the review before this says this is typical tourist Thai food. This place screams anything but typical tourist. It is more like a mom & pop Thai place. Located next to a pawn shop, shoddy decorations, and grandpa sitting in the back doesn't really scream tourist locale to me. They have the best Hot & Sour Soup ever. My favorite item to get is the spicy beef salad, however almost everything we have ordered from here has been great. Only complaint is that sometimes the dishes are too "saucy", so even with them wrapping the to go boxes it can still get a little messy - just a warning before you go unpacking your to go bag! (And seating is limited so you'll probably be getting it to go)

• Visited November 2010
Asheville, nc
“Forget it”
Reviewed April 16, 2010

This place is very near my home, so I really wanted it to be good. Now mind you, after 30 years in California I know Asian food pretty well. This was the commercial "made for tourists", out of a bottle, variety of Asian. I ordered a Thai dish (red curry) which was the worst rendition of it I've every had as well as about the most expensive. So, find another Thai place in Asheville.