“Thai? Got to try Thai Cuisine Express”
Review of Thai Cuisine Express - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Ok ... so it does not look like much...It does look, authenthic! The food and service, excellent! If you know Thai, the try Thai Express, you will not be disapointed, on your decision. The apperance, is worn, and not with alot of seats for stay to eat. This place is more of a take out kind of place.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

This place is by no means tourist based. I've been coming here for 5 years and I get a warm welcome the minute I walk in. I feel like I'm part of the family. Every dish is cooked made to order, on the spot. I'm vegan, which makes it hard to eat out, but it's no problem here. The food is always fresh, made with seasonal veggies that are bought locally. I eat at Thai Cuisine Express almost every week and am always more than satisfied. The food and the service is ALWAYS great. I love that it's totally local and sooooo affordable. The portions are HUGE for less than $10. Always enough for left-overs the next day. Very authentic and very friendly!!!

1  Thank lolavee1
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Funny, the review before this says this is typical tourist Thai food. This place screams anything but typical tourist. It is more like a mom & pop Thai place. Located next to a pawn shop, shoddy decorations, and grandpa sitting in the back doesn't really scream tourist locale to me. They have the best Hot & Sour Soup ever. My favorite item to get is the spicy beef salad, however almost everything we have ordered from here has been great. Only complaint is that sometimes the dishes are too "saucy", so even with them wrapping the to go boxes it can still get a little messy - just a warning before you go unpacking your to go bag! (And seating is limited so you'll probably be getting it to go)

Reviewed April 16, 2010

This place is very near my home, so I really wanted it to be good. Now mind you, after 30 years in California I know Asian food pretty well. This was the commercial "made for tourists", out of a bottle, variety of Asian. I ordered a Thai dish (red curry) which was the worst rendition of it I've every had as well as about the most expensive. So, find another Thai place in Asheville.

Reviewed September 6, 2009

This little hole in the wall, is the best Thai food you can get in town. Portions are huge and its just good (and as authentic Thai food you will find around here). I eat here regularly and am always satisfied.

1  Thank Carcinigin