“Whole Foods in everything but name”
Review of Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market
Ranked #308 of 810 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Healthy
Neighborhood: Five Points
Description: Welcome to your Asheville, NC Whole Foods Market! Founded in 1978 in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market is the leading retailer of natural and organic foods, the first national "Certified Organic" grocer, and uniquely positioned as America's Healthiest Grocery Store™.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great grocery in Asheville. Must be a whole foods affiliate as it carries a lot of their branded products. Fresh Vegetables, Good meats and baked goods.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We rented a house in the Asheville area and we needed to purchase some food while staying there. We were able to get fresh bread, freshly ground coffee, wine, fruits and vegetables, vegan food for those wanting it as well as meat for the meat eaters in the group. If I lived in the area, I would frequent this store.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Grocery, restaurant with indoor and outside seating. Friendly staff and a huge selection of to go and an awesome salad bar, sandwiches, juices and smoothies. I wanted to stay...or take it home with me. )

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I am local to the area and keep trying to like this store, but every time I go, I find another reason to be disappointed. The staff are unprofessional, spend more time talking to each other and their friends who come to "hang out" than actually working, they act annoyed when asked a question, and have even been downright rude for no apparent reason. Many of the people behind the meat/seafood counter are unfriendly and again, seem annoyed or put out when I place an order. I've seen many people (including staff) eat with their hands from the bulk items, and once even saw a woman behind the deli counter duck down to "hide" while she stuffed food in her mouth...and no, she didn't wash her hands before handling the next customer. I once waited for help ordering from the bakery for over 5 minutes...there just wasn't anyone around and no one to ask for help. I've seen staff finish their conversations about the party they went to last night before helping a waiting customer. I hate shopping here and even though it's closer to my house than Earth Fare, it's worth the extra drive to bypass this experience.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Several trips to Greenlife have cemented my overall opinion that it is being taken off my list of places to get fresh, unusual, and organic foods. My last trip resulted in nearly spoiled fresh lamb. Stale cookies have been a consistent finding. Moreover, the places is just not quite clean when you look close. They certainly have their devotees who flock to the place with it's "all natural" appeal, but the proof is in the pudding and it doesn't quite gel. GW

1  Thank Gary W