“A tasteful treat in Asheville, NC.”
Review of Havana Restaurant - CLOSED

Havana Restaurant
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“A tasteful treat in Asheville, NC.”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Havana Restaurant (Comida Latina) in Asheville is my new favorite spot, at least for 2014. I was impressed enough that I will recommend it to my friends, and to the other readers of this review.
I enjoy tasting new beers, but sometimes the selections are just overwhelming. Especially where there are several breweries and all of them have to compete by just putting out a similar product with a different name.
Not to mention the hefty price tag that can come with the craft beers. After a couple of rounds you are easily looking at a $20.00 tab. On a holiday, it is well worth it, but even during a relaxing time, it is nice to feel “comfortable refreshments.”
At Havana Restaurant, you can have a selection of a few craft beers, or you can get a tall boy of Miller Lite, Bud, or PBR for only $2.00.
Redneck I know, (and I thoroughly enjoy it) but after several days and nights of pricey meals and entertainment, it is good to just find a place that serves good food and drinks at reasonable prices.
Chips and queso, a Cuban sandwich, a plate of tacos, two margaritas and two beers will only put a $34.00 dent in your wallet. To me, that is a bargain. Not to mention that the portions are very generous. The Cuban sandwich is amble size and my wife took half of it with her when we left, and although the two tacos are served in a manner that gives a visual appearance that you can eat through them and still be hungry, I was very surprised to find myself well satisfied.
The overall ambiance of the place is centered on a sports bar theme; I noticed that it did not defer a wide variety of people from coming in and eating. A trip to the restroom will take you through an unfinished room that appears to have been quickly converted into an area for socializing during the busier times.
I noticed that they also offer live music at night, but our visit was during lunch.
The environment was friendly and the staff was very attentive.
Personally, I enjoyed my visit and it is on my list to visit again. It is also located just across the street from the Grove Arcade, so I would encourage you to take a minute to visit if you are in the area.

• Visited February 2014

Asheville, North Carolina
“Coconut Wrap!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Excellent service, and the Coconut Wrap is to DIE FOR. Great servers and seems like very friendly management.

• Visited January 2014
Cutler Bay, Florida
“Good Cuban Food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

It's not Miami good, but very good Cuban food in Asheville and NC. The empanadas and Cuban Sandwich are very good. Excellent for lunch or a quick bite. Recommend it.

• Visited November 2013
Vero Beach, Florida, United States
“bar feel for a restaurant”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

on our last night we wanted to have a nice dinner.
This place has the look and feel of a bar and we opted to eat outside, hoping that an open mind about this place,would offer us a nice meal.
After numerous waits at restaurants being over an hour, we opted on a locals recommendation of Havana.Either he prefers alcohol to food, or has dysfunctional taste buds~ either way, I wish we had waited the long hour plu wait time at any other restaurant

• Visited July 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Excellent Cuban sandwich”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We decided to drop in in hopes of a quick bite prior to a show at the civic center..The Cuban sandwich was like being back in Miami..Very authentic and flavorfull,,We will go back..

Visited April 2013