“Decent Dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Havana Restaurant - CLOSED

Havana Restaurant
Cuisines: Latin, Cuban, Caribbean, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Kingston, New York
“Decent Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Went with some friends for dinner and at first was worried because it seemed empty. The waitress was really friendly, and the menu looked good. Got the Miami Bowl and it was delicious! It was a lot of food for the price. I would go back again.

• Visited December 2012

north carolina
“Underwhelmed....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and two of our friends went there to eat last night. (7:00 Sunday nite). There was one table of 5 there. Otherwise empty. When we entered, our feet stuck to the floor. Not a good sign. We had heard they make good margaritas, though, so we had one. Ordered appetizers and found them greasy. We ended up with a $100.00 bill and left feeling very let down. My wife and I were awake all night with gas and indigestion. There are too many GOOD restaurants in this town to consider giving this one a second chance. We have lived here for almost 20 years and this is, hands down, the worst meal in that time. On the other hand, if you like margaritas, theirs was their only "saving grace". That's what the one star is for. Spend your money elsewhere or just drink.

Visited December 2012
Lenoir NC
“A Taste of Cuba”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stopped by Havana for lunch today with my wife..a wonderful Cuban sandwich for me, and the "Cuban" bowl for her..pulled Pork, rice beans and plantain..she said it was delicious. Havana is very low ke y and comfortable with great food at very reasonable prices.

• Visited November 2012
Aberdeen, Maryland
“Disappointing in all aspects.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I entered the establishment and waited. And waited. And waited. There was one table by the window, and no other tables. Two waitresses were chatting at the bar. I waited. I waited some more. I walked to the bar. Neither of them took notice of me. I interrupted their conversation. One waitress grumpily brought me to a table and gave me a menu.

I asked if I could switch tables from the dim rear of the restaurant to a window where there was some light. She complied. The table was damp and sticky. I removed my book and camera, wiped them off, and stashed them in my purse.

Took forever to get served. I ordered a mojito based on the waitress' recommendation, but it was weak and watery when it arrived, and it was $1 less than my sandwich!!!

The cuban Miami style sandwich was very dry. I had trouble getting it down. I used the mojito to wash it down, ate half, then had to go hunt the waitress down to get my check. I put some cash on the table and waited for her to come and pick it up to get me change. I waited. And waited. And waited.

Disappointing.

• Visited September 2012
Asheville, NC
“Would Return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stopped in here for lunch one day and the food was very good, once we got it. The place was pretty busy and there was one gal who was the server, busser and hostess. We ended up being late for our appointment downtown but giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'll give it another shot and hope they have found some more staff.

• Visited September 2012