“Superb Carribbean food”

Nine Mile
Ranked #15 of 811 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Nine Mile is a small plain restaurant located near downtown Asheville. The food was excellent. It honestly was better than the Jamaican food I had in Jamaica! The flavors in the jerk chicken were outstanding. I ordered medium spice. I must say that it is really spicy at medium. It wasn't too hot to eat, but my chest had a nice warm burn afterwards. It was obvious that the food is totally homemade and the garlic bread actually had small pieces of garlic on it. I highly recommend this excellent restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,680)

999 - 1,003 of 1,680 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We waited almost 45 mins to be seated after which we were squeezed in a tiny space. We ordered and ended u waiting another 45 mins our food. Food was interesting, good but not great. I guess the food was not worth the wait.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Interesting Island food great service it was fun to eat out on the sidewalk , priced right very laid-back

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We visit Asheville often and were in town this 4th of July. We arrived in town in the afternoon of the 4th and were driving endlessly around downtown trying to find a parking space (I had never been to Tupelo Honey and wanted to go). We couldn't fit in a parking garage because of the height of our vehicle (due to a cargo carrier) and no open lots/street spots were available. I did a quick online search of restaurants nearby downtown that we could go to and found Nine Mile. I loved the neighborhood it was in and we found street parking just up the block from the restaurant. The place was very busy. It was a gorgeous day so we took one of the available seats outside and were quickly served. Being vegetarian, I usually have issues finding enough options to choose from (and in some restaurants, none at all... Luckily Asheville overall has many options to choose from). That was not the case here. Many options... actually too many. I had a hard time deciding. I got the "Jamaican Me Thirsty" with tofu and really enjoyed it. My boyfriend decided on "Cool Runnings" after it being one of the suggestions from our waiter. It looked delicious & he was very happy with it. (Menu didn't say it had a vegetarian/tofu option for this otherwise I probably would've gotten it too.) The prices were very reasonable and the servings were "normal" sized. Just enough to satisfy, not stuff you.
We will definitely be back next time we're in town. We look forward to trying more items off the menu.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We absolutely loved the food here. The salads were fantastic, I had the Orange balsamic dressing, so good. NINE MILE IS very small, with not much seating and not a fancy place, very laid back atmosphere, but hey it's a Jamaican theme with Marley as the focus. I have the soon come which was fantastic, super large portion, wish I could have saved it, but on vacation, so had to pass reluctantly. My husband had Negril Nights, also fantastic. Large selections of beers and try the Maddi Mimosa.