“Caribbean Heaven Dishes”

Nine Mile
Ranked #13 of 786 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Caribbean Heaven Dishes”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was at A restaurant called 9 Mile, in Asheville, NC today .. man .. I am serious what a great selection of dishes. This guy must be a culinary genius.. for real.. Ask anyone in a 200 mile radius...they know about his restaurants. 9 Mile Restaurant serves a lot of vegetarian dishes and dishes with chicken and fish. The theme seems to be keeping it natural with an organic Caribbean flare. Farm to table fresh vegetables. The salads are soooo fresh.. I got the jalapeneo Llime Cilantro dressing with my salad and Jamaican Me Thirsty and they were off the chart.. If you are in Asheville or planning to go to North Carolina .. go off the beaten path and stop in... I promise you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank nteract

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good food & Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I'm from the Caribbean and thought this place had a great Caribbean flavor. Very fresh ingredients. Nice variety of dishes that will appeal to just about everyone in your party. Awesome beer selection. One of the best kept secrets, tucked back in a quaint neighborhood.

1 Thank Trini_Soca_12
“Best meal in Asheville”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We ate at several of the top rated restaurants in Asheville this week. My husband and I agree Nine Mile probably served best meal in Asheville. The price is right, the food is fresh, and the service was impeccable. They had great beers on tap, and I feel in love with Noble cider. You have to put this restaurant on the priority list while you're in town.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rmarie86
Hickory, North Carolina
“My favorite place in Asheville”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We go to Asheville a lot, and we have four or five restaurants we tend to go to, even though there are a lot of restaurants there. I would say Nine Mile is probably our favorite. The food is always fresh, the portions are just right, and we've never had a bad meal here. This is one of the restaurants we like to take friends to, especially ones who think the only good restaurants in Asheville are downtown.

It's small and in an older building, but it's still a pleasant atmosphere with reggae music and Caribbean paintings on the wall. It looks more like a bar than a restaurant but, believe me, it's a darn good restaurant. We've already been there twice this year, once for lunch and once for dinner.

They have several fish dishes and veggie dishes for those non-meat eaters, as well.

It's a little out of the way, but well worth finding when you're in Asheville.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Ted N
Murray, Kentucky
“Always Great”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We eat here every time we visit Asheville. Never had a meal that was anything short of excellent. If we lived in Asheville we would be there at least once a week!

Visited May 2014