“Excellence and at a Great Value”
Review of Nine Mile

Nine Mile
Ranked #16 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a wonderful meal here last night on New Year's Day. The staff is so friendly and accommodating. The food is excellent. We had the Irie Ites and infamous Nine Mile entrees, both with tofu. We would have loved to try the Lavender Potato and Asparagus soup but they had run out.

While this is not a vegetarian restaurant, they make many if not most of their meals and appetizers available in that form.

One suggestion is that they add more veggies to the pasta meals. The Irie Ites was a bit overkill on the pasta and light on the veggies, for instance, and when we ate here last year, we had a similar experience.

Do not be put off by the causal atmosphere or the Reggae music in the background. Embrace them and be at home. It is no wonder that this little gem as won the 2013 Excellence Award. They do deserve the honor.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Indifferent service and horrible attempt at some sort of italian/carribean menu.......I am only writing this review because I am astonished that this place could be ranked higher than so many of the other excellent restaraunts in Asheville.....never bothered checking Trip Advisor reviews for Asheville as it is my hometown......when I finally did I was dumfounded.....my wife and I tried this place and it was completely underwhelming......bland spice and store bought overly rich cream flavors on the alfredo...ucck......I guess one could give points for an attempt at creativity, but the food was just not that good

1  Thank Ashevilleturnaround
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The restaurant is in a residential neighborhood right next to downtown. Parking is in the street but was not difficult to find. The service was excellent we had a very helpful waiter. The food was absolutely delicious! It was my first time eating Jamaican inspired food and I loved it! The inside is kind of small and cozy and the food is all made to order. I would definitely recommend this place and will be back again

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Because of the reviews here, my husband and I came for a late lunch on a recent trip to Asheville. We were seated right away, and well cared for the entire time. Our server, Kaz, was helpful, smiling, and attentive. I had the Negril Nights tuna over spinach fettucine. The coconut lime sauce was delicious, and made the entire dish. My husband had the Soon Come, and enjoyed its unusual flavors. We both had local beers that were tasty. Everything seemed fresh. The lunch portions were satisfying, and reasonably priced. We will be back to try more of their unusual offerings.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was spectacular, especially for my bf because he loves reggae. The painting that are hung up around the dining area are beautiful and are fun to look at while waiting on your food. Like many other reviews say, the entrées did take a while to come out, but well worth the wait. I got a seafood dish with tilapia and the fish was so perfectly cooked, I was very impressed. The price was a bit high on the majority of the meals, but since everything is freshly made I understand. Parking was a but rough since the restuatnt doesn't have a lot of it's own, but not a big deal. Overall, I enjoyed my experience very much and will be taking my family to try it soon!