“My Favorite Restaurant”

Nine Mile
Ranked #17 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have been here countless times and each time it gets better and better. We live about 2 hours away from Ashville and will sometimes take a drive just to have dinner there we love it that much.
You MUST try the Nine Mile bowl with chicken; it is my absolute favorite! Though beware - it is hott! My fiancé can never leave without a slice of carrot cake as well. Apparently they are partnered with a local bakery and trust me you will not be disappointed.
The prices are beyond reasonable especially when compared to the serving sizes. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable about each dish and helpful on finding complementary wine as well. The atmosphere may not be for everyone though. The tables are pretty close to each other and most back up to a large shared bench that runs the one side of the restaurant, so you may feel like your having dinner with strangers too. But I have never bumped into someone in Ashville that wasn't a pleasant person, so it's a good opportunity to meet new people!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,701)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Outstanding food, casual atmosphere. Considered going again, even though we were only in Asheville for the weekend.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Recommended to us by the B&B owners - within walking distance. Just a casual, funky atmosphere. The food was fantastic - we came back again for the seared tuna and blackened chicken. The staff was great - we didn't mind waiting.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have eaten here several times and have also introduced people to this restaurant that are now repeaters. It is always really good, priced fair and just a cool place to eat.

This time we arrived right when they opened the doors. Seated us right away. They could not serve us a beer, but they wrote down what we wanted and had it out to us as soon as they were allowed to. (state law)

I have ordered the Mayfield Falls before and the More Fyah and both are great. This time I had the Raggy Road. Really good. They will substitue the protien on your meal if you ask.

A quick warning about heat: I usually got it medium-hot and it was HOT. I one time got it extra hot and it was melted lava hot. If you want it to be spicy, get medium, a little bit hot then get medium hot and if you want to experience real heat, get it Hot or hotter.

I would also suggest the Live and Give dip appetizer. It was a hit with everyone in the group. The hummus was also very good.

They also have a small but good craft beer selection. The place itself is a bit on the small side, but very comfortable. Remember that airconditioning doesn't seem to be as big of a thing in Asheville in general, so it can get a bit warm when crowded.

I really like this place and go every time I am in town. My wife and I have been 5 times and will continue to go.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great food and a great staff...A Local favorite we were told and I can understand why. It was well worth the wait.