“Informal and Different with Interesting Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nine Mile

Nine Mile
Ranked #10 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aiken, South Carolina
“Informal and Different with Interesting Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had salads (very large) with cheese and meat, which were excellent. We enjoyed people-watching there in a the laid-back atmosphere. It was crowded and busy the night we ate there (a Thursday), and service was therefore a bit slow, but we enjoyed ourselves. I noticed it was family friendly. I would definitely go back.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank SouthernGal2

Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Cannot say enough great great things about this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great food, staff & atmosphere. Very child friendly, which is hard to find these days. These people have an amazing thing going! We will definitely be back!!!

Visited August 2012
Maryland
“Unbelievably good food, great service and reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Nine Mile on a recent trip to the Asheville area. Our waitress was incredibly friendly and gave us good advice on the "heat" to order for the dishes. Bottom line is med-mild was still quite hot so I wouldn't do more than that. My husband had a special which was a green curry chicken dish with noodles -- it was delicious. I had the "pressure drop" which was chicken with a coconut lime cream sauce (I asked for more since it was just drizzled). It was also very good. We were informed to come early (before 7PM) if we didn't want to wait and that was good advice. We were sorry that we weren't able to get back for another meal before the end or our trip.

• Visited October 2012
“Mainly locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Very busy on a Wednesday evening. Some people chose to have the food as takeout but we choose to sample some local beers while waiting for the food. If you want the special of the day, arrive early, as it was gone by the evening. I like very spicy food and the waitress asked for the level of heat. Parking is difficult due to the residential area. A local musician arrived later in the evening and most people appreciated his performance. It was a nice evening with good food. Definitely would go there again.

• Visited October 2012
Midlothian, Virginia
“Selection wasn't great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I wasn't too impressed with this place, the food was so so and I didn't like the menu selection. Maybe its just my tastes, but I was under impressed. The staff was really nice though.

Visited October 2012