“Great Food”

Nine Mile
Ranked #14 of 792 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
WOODLAND HILLS
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We ate here almost daily and enjoyed it every time. We also took others with us and they loved it as well. They have quite a nice selection of foods and many Vegan dishes are available. I especially loved the Vegetarian Chile. My wife had a number of the Jerk Chicken dishes and was not disappointed. Try this restaurant when in Asheville. You won't be disappointed.

Visited October 2012

Chapala, Mexico
“wonderful lunch place just a few blocks from Visitor Information Center”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We are out-of-towners who drove here for lunch based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. I had trout with pasta and very fresh vegetables and my husband had jerk chicken with the vegetables. Very good service, even though every table was full. Reasonably priced. We couldn't finish our meals and it was about $20 for the two of us. Street parking was easy.

The Visitor Information Center is on the same street, under 1/2 mile away so we were able to stop there and get maps, info on the Blue Ridge Parkway and also there is a trolley tour bus that leaves from there every 1/2 hour.

If we were in Asheville, we would return to this wonderful restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas
“So glad we tried it!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were both hesitant about trying Nine Mile - the idea of "Caribbean" food didn't appeal - but are so glad we did. Went for a late lunch to avoid crowds - cute place, friendly, excellent service, and best of all, the food was creative and heavenly. Lots of good beers to choose from. Prices are extremely reasonable, especially for Asheville. One small negative - the coconut cake we had for dessert was delicious, but it was apparent it had been refrigerated and would have been much better fresher. I would have given 5 stars to both food and service, but have to mark it down one because of the coconut cake - wish the server had told us it had been refrigerated.

• Visited October 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great local spot!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Menu was a great surprise! We weren't expecting such a diverse menu with fresh veggies and great choices! Very good. Good beer and wine and awesome service. We'll be back next time in Asheville!

• Visited September 2012
Asheville, N.C.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“warm, feel-good food for the chilly weather”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I love this place! Used to live in Montford and ate here frequently, and then when I moved I couldn't stop coming back! Not only are the dishes feel-good, but they're creative and make my taste buds tingle. Great selection of beer and if they're busy, sitting at the bar is its own unique experience. The Soon Come and One Foundation are my personal favorites, and with the salad that comes with it, I always get the His Majesty's dressing - every time winner. I just wish both the salad and the meal came with a piece of natty bread. I can't help but scarf it down when it comes out with the salad, so by the time my pasta comes I wish I had another. You can order a serving of it but that's too much for me. Anyways, gotta check this place out, it's warm and friendly and on Wednesday nights they have live music!

• Visited September 2012