“Asheville Swiss Chalets combine the best of home with the luxuries of hotels.”

Asheville Swiss Chalets
Palm Coast, FL
“Asheville Swiss Chalets combine the best of home with the luxuries of hotels.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

We stayed at the Swiss Chalets for a trip that was both for business and pleasure. We were welcomed by a warm (it was 17 outside!) and lovely little home. We had chosen the Alpine chalet and it was perfect for us--me, my husband and our black lab. The one thing that really struck me was the lack of evidence that any other animal had ever stayed here. It was spotless! And there was every amenity you would find in a 4 star hotel. The setting is lovely--you can watch the sun come up over the mountains in the morning. And the location is great--right between the old part of town (Biltmore Village) and the city of Asheville. We couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay, and we'll be back the next time we are in town

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

We took our office staff of 13 women on a retreat to the Asheville area. We were looking for accomodations that were different than an ordinary hotel yet close to everything we wanted to see and do. The Asheville Swiss Chalets were PERFECT!! Great location, well suited to accomodate our whole group, so many amenities that made for the most relaxing retreat. We loved the fully equipped kitchens, cozy living rooms, well appointed bedrooms, gorgeous views of the city from way up on our own "mountain." The delicious cookies were a wonderful surprise and having coffee, and condiments already there for us was and added convenience. These Chalets are adorable and the perfect getaway place to stay in Asheville. Great service from Judy and Celeste and a great value also!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

This place makes the top of my list for my next stay in Asheville. The bed linens and pillows were clean and comfortable and there was a wonderful view. I know one persons opinion of what is comfortable varies in degrees but I may assure you that your stay will be just that “comfortable”. The only down side is the drive way only holds two mid-size cars parked very close as in inches of between bumpers with a third vehicle exposed 40% to 60% of it to the one way drive.

Wallace, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

We loved our little home and so did our 4 pups, that's right four! Three small, one medium and two adults, and we were all comfortable. The kitchen is stocked with spices, condiments, tea, dishes etc. There are pup towels and blankets to use during your stay and even a small fenced in yard. The bed was cozy and soft. There's cable, wi-fi and a DVD player...plus we were only minutes from the Biltmore. We didn't want to leave! Our only drawback was a steep hill down to our cottage and it snowed while we were there. But it was a very pretty view. We are already looking forward to our next stay...perhaps in the summer next time so we can appreciate the Biltmore's gardens.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoveMyPups1231
Marathon, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

I am a constant traveler and have also been in the hospitality industry 25 years so it isn't easy to impress me but the Asheville Swiss Chalets did just that.
From the moment I opened the door to the Matterhorn Chalet I was in love. Judy has thought of everything and I mean everything to make our stay easy and comfortable. The place was spotless and smelled fresh and clean.....hard to accomplice when you have doggie guests, but she manages to handle it. From the homemade cookies to the fresh coffee beans in the frig and lets not forget the spices, condiments and any kitchen gadget you can think of. The towels and linens are first class and the beds are the most comfortable I have slept in. The house is cozy partly due to the comfy sofa and fireplace that sits in the living room and definitely for the expert decor. When she says just bring your personel items, she means it.
The view from our deck was beautiful and the 2 minute ride down the mountain sets you right in the middle. 5 minutes in either direction and you have a wonderful shopping mall, restaurants, grocery...anything. 20 minutes to the airport and the same to the Biltmore. As much as we explored during the day, we couldn't wait to get back and relax.
My friends stayed next door to us and had the exact same experience. Love, Love Love!!
Many thanks to Judy and her staff for making my decision to stay at the Chalets for my 50th Bday the absoluteperfect one. See you in the spring Judy.

los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

This is my second stay at Asheville Swiss Chalets, and the owner and staff made me, and my family, feel like royalty.
I can find no fault with this fabulous get-away in the mountains overlooking Asheville. Everything is close, everything is beautiful, and everything is offered for your comfort.
I'm looking forward to yet another visit, and another after that. I'd like to eventually try staying at all the chalets.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Fenwick, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

I stayed at the Zurich Chalet and I have to say that; if you haven't stayed there you really have no idea what you are missing. What a veiw and you can't beat the price, I felt homesick when I left. Thanks for a truely wonderful stay...