“If you're looking for very comfortable 4-Star pet friendly accommodations in Asheville, then Swiss Chalets is it!”

Asheville Swiss Chalets
Wallace, North Carolina
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We loved our little home and so did our 4 pups, that's right four! Three small, one medium and two adults, and we were all comfortable. The kitchen is stocked with spices, condiments, tea, dishes etc. There are pup towels and blankets to use during your stay and even a small fenced in yard. The bed was cozy and soft. There's cable, wi-fi and a DVD player...plus we were only minutes from the Biltmore. We didn't want to leave! Our only drawback was a steep hill down to our cottage and it snowed while we were there. But it was a very pretty view. We are already looking forward to our next stay...perhaps in the summer next time so we can appreciate the Biltmore's gardens.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoveMyPups1231

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Marathon, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I am a constant traveler and have also been in the hospitality industry 25 years so it isn't easy to impress me but the Asheville Swiss Chalets did just that.
From the moment I opened the door to the Matterhorn Chalet I was in love. Judy has thought of everything and I mean everything to make our stay easy and comfortable. The place was spotless and smelled fresh and clean.....hard to accomplice when you have doggie guests, but she manages to handle it. From the homemade cookies to the fresh coffee beans in the frig and lets not forget the spices, condiments and any kitchen gadget you can think of. The towels and linens are first class and the beds are the most comfortable I have slept in. The house is cozy partly due to the comfy sofa and fireplace that sits in the living room and definitely for the expert decor. When she says just bring your personel items, she means it.
The view from our deck was beautiful and the 2 minute ride down the mountain sets you right in the middle. 5 minutes in either direction and you have a wonderful shopping mall, restaurants, grocery...anything. 20 minutes to the airport and the same to the Biltmore. As much as we explored during the day, we couldn't wait to get back and relax.
My friends stayed next door to us and had the exact same experience. Love, Love Love!!
Many thanks to Judy and her staff for making my decision to stay at the Chalets for my 50th Bday the absoluteperfect one. See you in the spring Judy.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
los angeles
Reviewed December 27, 2010

This is my second stay at Asheville Swiss Chalets, and the owner and staff made me, and my family, feel like royalty.
I can find no fault with this fabulous get-away in the mountains overlooking Asheville. Everything is close, everything is beautiful, and everything is offered for your comfort.
I'm looking forward to yet another visit, and another after that. I'd like to eventually try staying at all the chalets.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Fenwick, West Virginia
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I stayed at the Zurich Chalet and I have to say that; if you haven't stayed there you really have no idea what you are missing. What a veiw and you can't beat the price, I felt homesick when I left. Thanks for a truely wonderful stay...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We stayed two nights at the zuritch chalet and loved it. The kitchens are modest but very functional. The decor is very comfortable and and chalet has many little extras. Wireless internet is fast. We will definately stay next time we're in Ashville.

• Stayed December 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Staying at the Swiss Chalets in Asheville, NC was like staying in your home away from home. The location was easy to get to and from. The house itself was fully equipped with, quite literally, any and everything you would need. Anything you can think of that you have in your own home was provided at no additional charge at the Swiss Chalets. Plus free cookies from a local bakery!

The walk in to town was always a pleasure. It wasn't too far from town and walking the hills certainly allowed you to enjoy the region. On one side of the hill you have your chain establishments and on the other side you have the more diverse part of Asheville including great shops, places to dine and outstanding nightlife!

As far as my many vacations go I can say that the Swiss Chalets was by far the best place to vacation. Relaxing. Affordable. And a place you just hate to leave.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This year we stayed for the third time at the Asheville Swiss Chalets, and as usual, we were impressed with the gorgeous views outside the cabin and the cozy atmosphere inside the cabin. We enjoyed the 30-minute walk downtown with our dog, and of course, our dog loved lounging on the sofa (atop the provided furniture cover). We also enjoyed the delicious cookies from the owner’s bakery. The kitchen was well-stocked with dishes and other conveniences, such as sugar, coffee creamer, a coffee bean grinder, and measuring spoons. We recommend taking a walk up Windswept Drive for the great exercise and the panoramic views near the top of the mountain.

In past years, we were impressed with the care taken to prepare the cabin, right down to the smallest details. This year, we were a little disappointed with the following minor issues: When we arrived in the late afternoon, famished and ready to eat the take-out dinner we had brought, we found the dishes in the cupboard were soaking wet. There were pools of water on the plates, in the bowls, and under the glasses. I had to run the small dishwasher through several cycles to re-wash all the dishes. In addition, the remote control for the TV in the living room apparently had been chewed up by a previous canine guest. Also, though we had provided feedback in previous years about the lack of a convenient place to take our dog on potty breaks, we did not see that the issue had been rectified. Throughout our stay, our dog had to potty on narrow strips of grass and sometimes thorny brambles on the side of the road. It was especially difficult at night to find a good place for her to go. One last thing is the amount of brick-a-brack throughout the cabin. It certainly does create a homey look, but it dramatically cuts down on the amount of usable surface space. I ended up going through the entire cabin the first day, moving the decorative items to other areas so we could use the coffee table, side table, and what little space there was in the bathroom.

Despite our small disappointments, we still enjoyed our stay, and we recommend the Swiss Chalets, especially if you want to bring your dog.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple