“Great meal in a Cozy Restaurant”
Review of Stone House Market - CLOSED

Stone House Market
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New Orleans
“Great meal in a Cozy Restaurant”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

WE had a conderful dining experience in this tiny gem just outside Asheville. The menu is written on the wall. Several choice entrees. WE had the eggplant artichoke appetizer -- it was delicious. I had the ribs and my wife had chicken.
We visited with the other diners in a relaxed experience. We loved Stone House Market.

Atlanta, GA
“Gourmet food in a tiny stone house..Amazing!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I'll make this quick, but valuable: 1- Amazing food. Fresh local grown veggies and meats. I had a sirloin that was the size of a softball and cooked perfectly. COmplimented with sweet potato fris and local veggies. Wife had homemade calamata olive linguini pasta with fresh veggies, out of this world. 2- Make a reservation. Only open for dinner Thu-Sun and the place ONLY HAS ABOUT 25 SEATS. So small and quaint. it's literally a 2 room stone house, 1 room = the kitchen, the other the dinnig area. It is truly an experience to dine here. This is not for the snobby. A husband and wife run the place: he cooks she serves. My wife and I sat in "the booth" side by side facing out in to the rest of the dining area. Close quarters when the place is full, but it encourages conversatino with other visitors.
If you like unique dining experiences and gourmet food. This place is it.

Charlotte, NC
“Really Good Pasta”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We love this restaurant mainly for their pasta & home-baked bread. We go to Ashville at least 10 times a year, for a weekend, & always end up having at least 1 meal in this restaurant. The food is always fresh. Small, quaint restaurant....

amour217
“An absolute GEM!”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My wife and I chose this restaurant based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor. We were lucky enough to get a table without reservations, but I suggest you call ahead, the place is very small...but that's one of the best parts about it. It's a quaint atmosphere that you can't help but love...there are no paper menus, everything is written on a chalkboard on the wall. We started out with prosciutto spring rolls and my wife had the sweet potato gnocci with grilled chicken and I had the lamb kebobs over Israeli couscous. Let me tell you: this was some of the BEST food I've had in a long time. The service was great, the prices were very good...please do yourself a favor and go here for dinner...you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank amour217
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Charming and Delicious!”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The Stone House Market is the most charming place! The vegetables are all locally sourced or grown right at the restaurant and the meat/ fish is wonderful, too. Pasta and bread are made by hand. The menu changes nightly and is written on a chalkboard. It is open for dinner Thurs. - Sun. and by appointment for lunch and dinner for groups. The portions are very generous and the dishes are innovative and fresh. My group had a wonderful time - we felt as though we were in someone's renovated little 1930's home (the building was an old filling station and the restaurant seats about 30). This turned out to be a very special night.

1 Thank tastetours