“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
Review of Stone House Market - CLOSED

Stone House Market
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Off the beaten path for non locals but if you are lucky enough to find this place you must stop. The food was excellent! We all felt the meal was very affordable and excellant value considering the dishes are fresh and so well prepared The ambiance of the old rock service station added to the dining experience. Since the husband and wife are the only employees working in this establishment be prepared to spend at least 2 hours enjoying your eating experience. If you are in a hurry eat at a chain restaurant. We enjoyed it so much we made reservations to go again for two consecutive nights.

Asheville, NC
“What a find!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

With Bele Cher in town, my wife and I were snooping around trip advisor, looking for ideas about where to eat somewhere other than a downtown restaurant. We'd never even heard about Stone House Market but decided to give it a try. What a treasure! Small, cozy atmosphere--perfect for a date. More importantly, the food was fabulous. The pasta (which they make in-house) was extraordinarily good, some of the best we've ever had, anywhere. Can't recommend this little gem highly enough.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Otterboy42
Richmond, Virginia
“Asheville's Best Kept Secret...but not for Long.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My mom,sisters and I just spent a long weekend in Asheville and came across a restaurant review claiming the Stone House Market was "Asheville's best kept secret." We decided to check it out and I have to say, we are thankful that we did! Our meal was amazing. I had a perfectly cooked, melt-in-your mouth salmon filet with homemade noodles. In fact, my mouth is salivating just thinking about it. Debbie was as nice and as attentive as could be and she even topped off our wine glasses several times (for no charge). The food, atmosphere and service were wonderful. If the Stone House truly is a secret, I guarantee it won't be for long!

• Visited July 2012
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Dan and Debbie Rogers continue to present unique delicious food.”
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been to Stone House Market twice in the last month with family and friends. Everyone enjoyed their entrees from the ever changing menu. We almost always get the baked brie with fruit to start. Their prices cannot be matched - so reasonable. Our last group had salmon and perfectly cooked
scallops. My pasta with clams, olive oil and garlic was so good - including the home baked bread used to get the last drop of sauce. Highly recommended.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Fabulous Find”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Wow! This is such a wonderful place. The food and service couldn't be better. Debbie made it a very personal experience for us. Dan, the chef, even came out for a chat. The atmosphere is great. We will be back here many times!

• Visited May 2012