“Good food, but a bit difficult finding the place if you don't have GPS”

12 Bones Smokehouse
Ranked #28 of 818 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Had read about this restaurant through an internet article and I wasn't disappointed. I am glad I had my gps, it directed me right to the place, but I don't know if I could find it again without it. Pulled in, a Thursday at around !:15 PM. The was a line out the door, we were worried, but no need to be, the line moves very quickly. Had the pulled pork plate with collars and mac and cheese. Wife had the pulled pork with collars and corn pudding. Both were great! Portions were rather large for the price. Not exactly what I was expecting, mostly open air seating, but was very pleasant, even on a hot day. I will definitely stop when traveling this route again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,624)

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

The place is usually packed, but service is quick, so don't be discouraged. We got our orders within 15 minutes and sat outside waiting for the goodies. All simple, authentic and relaxed.
It's a down-to-earth place, fast food place, but all you'll remember were these spareribs that just melt in your month.
Unforgettable!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Good barbeque. Apparently we were not the only ones who thought so. The line was out the door by the time we left. Courteous and efficient service.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I’ve been waiting to try the blueberry chipotle ribs for a few years. The last time I tried to visit the restaurant I went by the Riveside location without realizing they aren't open on Saturdays. This time we went to the Arden location. The ribs were good although I didn’t detect much of a blueberry chipotle flavor. The chicken was good and next time I would probably stick with that. The tomato bbq sauce that I got to go along with them tasted great. The sides were okay, but nothing to write home about. I would give the restaurant another try.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Sides were scrumptious - collard greens, cheese grits, vinegar cole slaw, and mac & cheese. Pulled pork sandwich and a 6 bone rack of ribs made for a lovely lunch. Get there early or you'll wait in line, but it is worth it. Enjoy!