“Smokin!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
“Smokin!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Legendary BBQ! Ribs done to perfection with 5 choices of rubs. Great sides and local craft beers are featured. According to the locals, the president comes here when in town. If you're looking for ambience and elegant dining go elsewhere. If you're looking for great BBQ go no further!

Visited February 2014

Antigonish, Canada
“Best ribs I've ever had”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Absolutely blew my mind! I had no idea how delicious the combo of blueberry/chipotle could be on ribs. Quick service, friendly folks, made my trip. A few locals pointed us towards this spot. Try as many varieties as you can, they are all spectacular!

• Visited March 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Frequent Flyer of this BBQ”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We come to 12 Bones every time we come to Asheville. This time we went to the Fletcher location. I had ribs with Blueberry Chipotle sauce; my personal favorite and sides of smoke potato salad and collard greens. I didn't even like collards until I had them here! My hubby had the pulled pork and sliced brisket; he was happy. Cornbread is always good too. See you in April!

• Visited February 2014
Bakersville, North Carolina
“11 Bones Too Many, But Divine Sides!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Ribs…Not. Must have gotten them on an off day. My dog liked them, but my husband was not impressed. But we will try them again. I got a BLT..now that was impressive! The sides of mashed Sweet Potatoes, Corn Pudding, Jalapeño Cheese Grits..I will go by there every trip to Asheville for these. Man oh Man oh Man. Nom Nom Nom.

Visited February 2014
Lonoke, Arkansas
“Good meal with solid local beer selection”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

half rack of ribs, jalapeno cheese grits, and mashed sweet potatoes paired with a couple of local draft beers. one of the best meals on our trip!!!!

• Visited September 2013