“It's ok.”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Being from Kansas I wanted to try "Carolina" bbq. Everyone suggested the Bones. When we go there, 3 of us, there was a line to get in. It wasn't a long wait. Inside you place your order at the counter.they give you a number to put on your table, get your drink and sit down. We sat on the patio at a picnic table and our food was delivered quite fast. I had the ribs, bbq beans and collard greens. Being a KCBS certfied judge I was impressed with the ribs. Very meaty, great smoke flavor and not slatered in sauce. Biting into them they were firm coming off the bone but very tender to the taste. The beans on the other hand are poor at best, no bbq flavor to them at all. Now the collard greens were excellent. We had an enjoyable expierence eating there.

1  Thank Hainesley
Write a ReviewReviews (1,610)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went here last year on a fall trip to Asheville and we loved it, this time not so much. The brisket was bland tasting and my brunswick stew wasn't even slightly warm. Disappointing.....I wish I still just had the good memory

1  Thank PattyM14
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Don't judge a book by it's cover when you arrive, rinky dinky place with a long line! 12 is clean, quick and great service, and not so bad prices. This has been the best brisket I have had from a BBQ joint.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

These are the BEST ribs i ever ate. 12 Bones is definitely worth the wait in line, and there will be one. This place is so great there is always a line, but it moves fast. While in line take the time to make your choice of delicious food. I get the blueberry chipotle ribs and corn puddin and he smoked potato salad! Yum Now I think I must drive to Asheville for lunch :)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The smoked turkey sandwich is highly recommended. I wanted to try something different, as I usually get the pulled pork, so went with the smoked turkey. SO GOOD! Also try the jalapeño cheese grits!