“WOW”

and up
Biltmore Estate and Wine Tasting from Charlotte
Ranked #1 of 195 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: George Vanderbilt's historic country estate in Asheville, NC; Biltmore includes Biltmore House--America's largest home--plus gardens, winery, Antler Hill Village, historic farm, 4-star Inn on Biltmore Estate, shops, restaurants, branded products, and outdoor adventures. This National Historic Landmark is an amazing destination offering a wide range of activities for all ages.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The home is unbelievable. We toured the roofs also. I was surprised at the number of people and buses considering the time of year.(nov)

Reviewed February 28, 2014

It is sorta costly. For that kind of price...I should be allowed to take pictures...I promise I won't use the flash. And no worry I am going to buy a book or two anyway. The house and gardens wonderful. Winery nice too. Food in the old stables...was just NOT GOOD. Stick with the ice cream. Crowded even in the off season. But I love this place. The "behind the scenes tour" was wonderful!! You might not do this all the time...but it's beautiful!! My aunt and uncle go to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners as well.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We have visited the Biltmore on several occasions and it never gets old. It is a beautiful estate to spend 1-2 days. If you live locally and plan on visiting frequently, or plan on visiting frequently even if you aren't local I highly recommend getting the season pass. The Biltmore just isn't the house, the surrounding grounds and other areas on the property are absolutely fantastic to visit and learn about. You can take audio guided tours, or just free roam. If you have young children, there is a lot of walking so be prepared. Places to eat are very limited and I would plan breakfast and dinner off site. (There is a 4 star inn on the estate that has a great restaurant.)

There wine is also VERY good if you like wine. There are some decent shopping sites on the grounds as well. My wife and I purchased a beautiful painting of the house itself one year and it is still beautiful.

I recommend the Biltmore for family excursions and/or couples.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Fabulous!! We ate at the Stable restaurant. Cef's stew for day was Beef stew. Very good! Could have used more carrots but was ample in beef chunks and potatoes.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have visited the Biltmore Estate many times. It is one of the most wonderful places I have been. Plan all day for your visit, or upgrade to a two day pass if you want to enjoy the house and the grounds. You can see the house and walled gardens, winery in one day. But the thing I love most are the hiking trails on the grounds. Planned by Olmstead, they are breathtaking. Anyone who appreciates gardening and plants will love these grounds. I was there in early May once and the azaleas in the gardens were beautiful. There are so many varieties. The walled garden is very pretty when the tulips are in bloom, and the roses also, when they are blooming.
My advise to travelers: There is a lot of walking involved in a day at Biltmore House so wear comfortable shoes. Younger children may become very tired, but they can still enjoy the visit with you. We took our children with us several times when they were elementary school age, and they really enjoyed seeing a castle. There are also several sets of stairs inside the Biltmore House.
The cost of a visit can seem high. But it is a spectacular place to visit, especially when the flowers are blooming, or at Christmas. It is cheaper to visit in January and February, and on a nice day, even with no flowers blooming, the grounds are still beautiful to me.

1  Thank Kayra N