“Wonderful day to explore the estate.”
Review of Biltmore Estate

and up
Guided Stand-Up Paddleboard Tour in Asheville
Ranked #1 of 188 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: George Vanderbilt's historic country estate in Asheville, NC; Biltmore includes Biltmore House--America's largest home--plus gardens, winery, Antler Hill Village, historic farm, 4-star Inn on Biltmore Estate, shops, restaurants, branded products, and outdoor adventures. This National Historic Landmark is an amazing destination offering a wide range of activities for all ages.
Frazeysburg, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wonderful day to explore the estate.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We went to the Biltmore Estate on a Monday late morning this fall. Really busy time due to fall foliage. But it really is a perfect time to take in all the beauty of the grounds and home. Lots of stairs. Lots of rooms. Some were decorated already for Christmas. So much to see plan to stay the whole day so you do not miss anything. By the end of the day we had over 11,000 steps on our FitBits. Awesome day!

• Korean first
Cremorne, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A delightful day”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was a little put off by the price to see this landmark home, but I've always wanted to see it, so we bit the bullet and ordered tickets. (Save yourself some money and be sure to book online at least 10 days in advance.) I'm very glad we did. The home is remarkable, the audio tour well-done, informative and worth the extra $10, and the grounds spectacular (although I think spring would be the best time for the gardens.) I'm not sure I need to go back here, but I sure am glad I got to see it! Give yourself a full day to explore. We spent about 7 hours, including lunch, and only made a cursory stop at Antler Village.

Jacksonville, Florida
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“What a Grand Place to Visit”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you're traveling to the Asheville NC area plan to visit the Biltmore Estate. The tour of the estate is without compare. The house itself is worth the price of admission alone, but plan to see everything this estate has to offer--the gardens and the winery especially. To see everything plan on most of a day. And wear your most comfortable shoes as there is a lot of walking. The fall and the holidays are the most busy here so if you go then be prepared for the crowds. There is an audio aid you can rent for the house tour and I'd recommend it highly. if you book your ticket on line there is a discount.

Atlanta area
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Tour was okay”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

They were decorating for Christmas while we were there and it kind of took away from the tour. I wish they had more of the house open. Many rooms were closed and it seems we only had access to a quarter of the house. I can at least say I've seen it.

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Unbelievable house”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Wear comfortable shoes, prepared to climb lots of stairs and be amazed!! It is hard to believe one family lived in this house. I have never seen any residence as big, beautiful or ornate as Biltmore. If I ever go back for the price of a regular ticket you could easily do a couple of the private tours and learn so much more. If you are a Downton Abbey fan you have to go see this house.

1 Thank Mushmom2