“A must if in Asheville, NC”
Review of Biltmore

Biltmore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: George Vanderbilt's historic country estate in Asheville, NC; Biltmore includes Biltmore House--America's largest home--plus gardens, winery, Antler Hill Village, historic farm, 4-star Inn on Biltmore Estate, shops, restaurants, branded products, and outdoor adventures. This National Historic Landmark is an amazing destination offering a wide range of activities for all ages.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The largest house in America which was built by George Vanderbilt. Tickets are on expensive side but my two kids were free. Estate is beautiful and well maintained. House offers a glimpse into millionaire living in the early 1900s. My favorite stop was the winery and antler village. Really should not be missed.

Write a ReviewReviews (20,873)
All reviews
in 376 reviews
"christmas season"
in 209 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I had always wanted to visit the Biltmore, and we were able to make that trip happen this last June 2013. Costco had tickets for $44 each, about what you would pay online directly from the Biltmore (in advance). But the Costco tickets included a guidebook and valet parking. Both of these were nice touches - as the guidebook had great photos and stories and the valet parking (a bit pretentious) felt like the royal treatment. Just remember to stop by the guest services at the entrance (before entering the estate) to pick up your guidebook and valet voucher.

The estate was amazing. Being patient and taking breaks is necessary as there is so much to cover. We will come back - another time of the year (and probably a few years in between).

1  Thank Dale E
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Biltmore is fascinating. Fortunately, the rain stopped long enough to see the gardens. The docents were very helpful and answered all of our questions. The only minus was the wait to get a table for lunch at The Stable restaurant.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went to the Biltmore Estates in June with my cosine. I have always wanted to go but did not really want to go with my kids. We started with the gardens first. We parked behind the green house and worked our way up to the house. We wanted to avoid the worst part of the day for the heat. We read online reviews here at tripadvisor that said to pay the $10 for the audio tour. It was the best advice. I had to ask again how to use it as I was messing up at first. It was great information and I think the tour meant more to me than if I would have just walked through on my own. My cousin and I went at our own pace taking our time where we wanted to get more info by talking to staff. I am planning on going back one Nov. to do the servant's tour and to see if decorated for Christmas. I learned a great deal on this trip. About 85000 acres of Pisgah Forest was sold to the government by the Vanderbilts. Sliding Rock land is from the Biltmore Family! Great place to go! The check in was so easy. You drive in and they come to your car and scan your ticket. Never had to get out. So simple. Parking is more limited but I did see shuttle buses.