“Lifestyles of the rich and famous” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Guided Stand-Up Paddleboard Tour in Asheville
Ranked #2 of 183 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: George Vanderbilt's historic country estate in Asheville, NC; Biltmore includes Biltmore House--America's largest home--plus gardens, winery, Antler Hill Village, historic farm, 4-star Inn on Biltmore Estate, shops, restaurants, branded products, and outdoor adventures. This National Historic Landmark is an amazing destination offering a wide range of activities for all ages.
Vernon, Connecticut
“Lifestyles of the rich and famous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Everyone associated with the Biltmore estate was polite, knowledgeable, and very helpful. The parking and shuttle was efficient and we were quickly on our way to the house which is one of kind own when you think of the setting, the sheer size of the estate and all of the furnishings. You are on your own for the tour although you are given a device that played pre-recorded talks at each location through the house. There were over 40 recordings with interesting speakers explaining what you were seeing in many of the rooms. The views of the surrounding mountains even during the winter were truly spectacular. The tour is expensive but if you enjoy history, architecture, horticulture, wine tasting, and getting a peak into the lives of one of the countries wealthiest families then this is worth the price of admission.

• Korean first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

A little cold this time of year but we still had a good time. Be sure to take part in some of the specialty tours. One of the tours we took was The Butler's tour. I especially enjoyed this because the tour takes you down to the basement where you are able to see the mechanics of how the house worked. The electrical and boiler rooms were fascinating.

Mifflintown, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“It's a beautiful home but can't compare to European castles”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

It is quite grand and a nice place to see but it was a little disappointing after living in Europe and seeing Versailles, Neuschwanstein, Heidelberg, and many others. The basement was quite interesting along with the swimming pool. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. I'd hate to pay full price to see this place--$60+ normally. $35 was enough per person for the winter rate. It isn't cheap, but at least parking is free with free shuttle to the front door. Once you get off the shuttle go to your right to the kiosk where you have to get another ticket for your time to enter the estate. That can be anywhere from 45 mins to 2 hrs. They have shops and a restaurant there where you can pass the time, but the closer you get to noon time, the busier they become. Either go early or around 3 to avoid the busier times. The restaurant isn't cheap and the food wasn't the greatest for the money. The waiter was snooty, too.

1 Thank Lizzy H
Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect Girls Weekend Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My girlfriends and I decided to take a weekend getaway trip to Asheville from Nashville. One activity we had planned was to visit the Biltmore Estate. I know that it's quite expensive but it's so worth it. The ground are fantastic and there is something for everyone. If you want to check out an amazing mansion for its time, look no further. This is where you will see the first bowling alley in a house and indoor plumbing before it even existed! The indoor pool is incredible as well. I just loved how everything was laid out and wish that I could have been a guest just once.

Once you go outside, there are several gardens that will show you just how vast the estate is. I could have just spent a few hours walking around outside. I suggest spending the entire day there! The staff was super friendly and made sure we knew how to get where we wanted to go. We ended our evening at the Biltmore Wine Tasting area. They are so kind and let you taste whatever you'd like. We had a blast doing that.

After I visited the place, I received an e-mail to fill out a survey about my experience. I had a great time so I went ahead and filled it out. A few months later, I received a call from them saying that my name had been drawn and I won the $200 giftcard to the Biltmore! I could use it online or if I returned. Awesome or what!? This place is the real deal and this customer's satisfaction is 110%!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Terry V
Saratoga Springs, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Beyond words...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

The vast grounds, and unbelievable estate is well worth the entry fee. Every room is fascinating in its own way. There is also a nice shopping village. Cedric's Pub had a very tasty menu.