“A day at the home of the top .0001%.”
Review of Biltmore Estate

$95.00*
Half-Day Stand-Up Paddleboard Tour through Biltmore Estate
Ranked #1 of 195 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: George Vanderbilt's historic country estate in Asheville, NC; Biltmore includes Biltmore House--America's largest home--plus gardens, winery, Antler Hill Village, historic farm, 4-star Inn on Biltmore Estate, shops, restaurants, branded products, and outdoor adventures. This National Historic Landmark is an amazing destination offering a wide range of activities for all ages.
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I and two close friends visited the Biltmore Estate for the Christmas decorated candlelight presentation. We took the audio guided tour in the afternoon, had dinner at the stables and then did a self-guided tour for the candlelight evening tour. We had been to the estate about 10 years ago and the tour had changed due to additions to the exhibits and other sections of the home now being opened. The dinner was OK. Not great but OK. The candlelight tour was excellent. The house looks so much warmer and you notice many different elements of the decor after dark with the lights on, the candles lit and fireplaces glowing. I'm glad that we took the audio guided tour first. That tour sets up the history of each room that you visit. After the history lesson you can enjoy a casual walk through and view the warmth of this beautiful estate.

1  Thank Gary A
Write a ReviewReviews (18,277)

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This place was awesome. We went to the candle light visit. Everything was beautiful. There were Christmas trees in every room. The fire places were lit in every room. So glad I went at night.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Everything is expensive so bring plenty of money. Try to tour the house both during the day and at night, especially if you go during the holidays. We toured during the day then came back for the Candlelight tour. Definitely, absolutely, no questions asked, you MUST do the Segue tour. We had the best time tooling around on those things and our guide was awesome. We enjoyed every second of it.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was our 2nd visit. 1st during the late summer and now during the holidays..We were never disappointed with the splendor of this estate. The price seems a bit high, but considering the grounds upkeep and the staffing, it's well worth it. If you come, do the extra tours of the home--you'll be thoroughly surprised of what you learn. The weather was perfect this past weekend for us to enjoy the estate. And you must make time to do the winery and make sure you take home some liquid souvenirs. I can't say enough about this visit--but OrlandoMouse does an excellent job in that review..Definitely add the Biltmore to your "bucket list", you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a must - although I cant climb many stairs or walk too far I managed to see and do everything. There is a lift for one person from the ground floor to the first floor. Whilst my friends visited the 2nd floor and the basement I watched a video which showed me all that they were seeing. We had lunch in the Restaurant - very good and then drove to the winery and the village. It wasnt too busy when we visited and the Estate let my husband drop me off and pick me up outside the house. Some good gift shops beside the Restaurant too.