“Nice room; great location”
Review of 27 Blake Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
27 Blake Street
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Nice room; great location”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very comfortable room in a privet home in an historical neighborhood. Plenty of privacy - quiet, easy walk to downtown, reasonable cost, friendly, informative owner. I suspect the grounds are beautiful in the Spring/Summer...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed for two nights over New Years. We came for the breweries and concerts and got so much more! What a wonderful experience. The room was cozy and clean with everything we needed. Carolyn helped us find great groceries, wonderful restaurants, amazing shops, and was helpful in every way. We were able to walk everywhere from our room. The car was not needed during our stay!
After our stay, Carolyn contacted me to let me know I had left an earring and that she was mailing it back to me! We can't wait to go back to Asheville in warmer weather to enjoy her beautiful gardens and wrap around porch. We won't be staying anywhere else. Thank you Carolyn for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Janimal44
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed here a couple nights in February and it is an awesome place! Very quaint and convenient. 5 minute walk to downtown and very easily accessible by car to get there. Great owner and host as well!

Room Tip: oops, there isn't really a fitness center but I clicked too quickly then couldn't revise
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Really extraordinary value. A nice, quiet, convenient location. A very nice room, good internet connection, good basic cable, very comfy bed. Easy parking on street outside. Owner very helpful. Very good price - paid double or more on this trip for this quality in other locations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed November 24, 2013

After conducting extensive research into locations to stay in Asheville, I chose to stay at 27 Blake. The price was far more reasonable than any alternative boarding options. My plan had been to stay at a B&B. 27 Blake did not offer a breakfast service, but the room did have a coffee maker with complimentary Dunkin' Donuts coffee (nice touch). The location provided a central location to walk to all of the breakfast places you could want to try out. I was looking for a bed and breakfast initially, but I am quite glad that I chose to stay at 27 Blake. My girlfriend had forgotten her running tights when we departed, but Carolyn promptly contacted us and shipped them to us at her own expense. I am not an avid TA reviewer, but I specially created an account to inform people of my outstanding experience with this pleasant house and her owner. Thank you Carolyn and I would love to stay at 27 Blake again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Tripadvisor reviews encouraged me to stay at Carolyn Spain's beautiful Victorian home in a quaint neighborhood. The first floor room with separate entrance and bath was perfect for our two night stay in Asheville. Coffee maker in the room made starting the day easy. Short walk across the expressway to the downtown area where we had an excellent dinner at Tupelo Honey Cafe or a short drive to Biltmore, where we splurged on the breakfast buffet before touring the mansion. Also had a really good dinner within an easy walk at 12 Bones. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There's only one room to choose from.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have visited 27 Blake St. on two occasions and would not stay anywhere else. This is a unique place to stay with many advantages. Carolyn, the owner is super accommodating, the setting makes you feel like a local with the advantages of being able to walk to downtown, local restaurants, every amenity you need is close by. A very comfortable room, bathroom and porch sitting area with a private entrance. We feel very lucky to have found this gem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple