“Not quite up to par anymore.”
Review of Moose Cafe

Moose Cafe
Ranked #49 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 12, 2010

We have frequented this restaurant for the last few years while visiting Asheville. We liked to go there for the good down-home country cooking. We went there on our last trip and we were not impressed with the over cooked ham and lukewarm grilled chicken. The vegetables are good, though. The waitress seemed like she didn't want to be there which didn't help.

Reviewed April 24, 2010

I was very disappointed with Moose Cafe. We were in a group of about 40 people. They didn't have enough tables reserved for us, a few of us sat in another booth. They then threatened to not give us service! Someone from another table in our party told me that the waiter wouldn't let this man (who has Alzheimer's) sit by the window. The food was only average.

Reviewed April 17, 2010

I took a bus of 45 senior citizens there. Manager and hostess rude. We called ahead and told them we were coming. They were out of of apple butter and fried apples. They did not make us feel welcome. One couple requested a table by the window and manager refused to let them move and said he would refuse them service if they moved.
I was the tour leader....this was very unpleasant for me and I will never go back there again. I even asked the manager if we all should leave.
When we got on the bus our bus driver was telling about the horrible customer service she received at her table. My daughter wanted to buy something from the gift shop and she asked a question and the hostess gave her a very sarcastic comments so my daughter didn't buy anything.
The food was ok but I didn't feel welcome. Don't go there.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

Although I live in the north now, I lived in the south for 6 years-and the Moose Cafe had the best biscuits - and the best apple "butter" (more like a crushed cinnamony sauce)- I've ever had. The tea was excellent too, served in mason jars. We enjoyed the breakfast so much that we came back for dinner to try the chicken, and again weren't disappointed. Large portions, and friendly, efficient staff. If you love good southern cooking this is the place to go.

Reviewed March 1, 2010

Talk about a great place to eat. My girlfriend and I were in Asheville for the weekend and we ate here both Saturday and Sunday for lunch. Totally reminds me of my grandma's cooking with the southern charm. We ordered sweet tea and it comes in a mason jar and some of the best tea I have ever tasted! I had the buttermilk chicken on Saturday and the country fried steak on Sunday and both dishes were tasty. My girlfriend got the chicken n dumplings on Saturday and the meatloaf on Sunday and both of those were to die for. Not to mention the biscuit they bring out with your drinks that come with apple butter.

If you’re in the area I would 100% recommend this restaurant! Good Eats!