“Go for drinks and music”
Review of Jack of the Wood

Jack of the Wood
Ranked #7 of 45 Nightlife in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Asheville NC's best social gathering spot! Featuring great Irish food items such as bangers and mash, Irish stew, fish and chips along with 18 rotating taps and one cask tap. We feature a large selection of local brews and have a full liquor bar.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stopped by on a Friday night when two bands were playing. It was crowded but had such a fun atmosphere. Lots of dancing. Good beer selection. Had a cheese dip with chips- the chips had so much seasoning that it was unedible and the cheese was average. I'd go back for drinks and music.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I often stop for a beer at Jack of the Wood when we're in Asheville. It's a cozy and fun bar, with excellent locally brewed beers. The food is good too, and not terribly expensive. It is often crowded, especially on the weekends, but the servers and bartenders are always friendly. It's in an excellent location downtown, easy to get to and a short walk from other downtown attractions, and a great place to take friends.

1  Thank edna m
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I went to Asheville for our anniversary weekend. We had dined in several restaurants and decided we would get a drink and pub food the on our anniversary after spending most of the day hiking Chimney Rock State Park. We arrived around 930 pm and sat down at a table. The waitress came and removed dirty glasses and did not say a word and walked away. She walked by several times and did not acknowledge our presence. Eventually, I walked to the bar and ordered drinks while she then waited on the table next to ours and provided menus. She continued to ignore out table when I walked across the room and asked her for a menu. She then stated that the kitchen stopped serving food in fifteen minutes. I then went back to the bar and the bartender stated that I could still order food and he would place an order for our table. The bartender was helpful and the food was good, The absolute rudeness of the waitress definitely did not make this dining experience very positive.

2  Thank Irish4052
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Nice selection of beers here. And it's just a neat place to spend a few hours. They had a band when we were there, too. Service was great.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

First time to Asheville and this was a highlight. We were looking for a light dinner and our server helped us tremendously. We told her what beer we liked and she suggested the perfect match in their house brands. I also got the wings of the wood with the house glaze and the spicy buffalo on the side. They were killer but the best part was the homemade blue cheese! Chunky and delicious. She got the cornish pasty and it was right on. They were very busy but service was fast and the beer was flowing. We highly recommend this place for food, drinks and atmosphere.

1  Thank bluezlover