“great food in Ashville NC”
Review of Frankie Bones - CLOSED

Frankie Bones
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hendersonville Rd
Description: A walk through the door into The Fabulous Frankie Bones Restaurant & Loungetakes you back to the carefree style of the early 1960'sand its restaurants in the big cities across America.At Frankie Bones, snappy sounds, high back burgundy leather booths, an award-winning menu and first class service are the recipe for an experience to remember.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I recently made a trip to Hendersonville to visit my daughter at a camp near by. I was invited by other parents to go to dinner with them. They took me to Frankie Bones in South Asheville. We set at a large circular leather booth affectionally called the "Godfather" booth. This place was very cool. The environment was very sharp with granite countertops and leather booths with a casual feel. The restaurant was hopping with a nice mix of families and couples.

The calamari appetizer which was cooked perfectly and had lemon slices battered and fried as well. Nice touch. They were very lightly breaded and flash fried. we didn't care for the dipping sauce which was promptly replaced with a remoulade that worked great. But the real winner was the twice baked potato spring rolls…just try it and you'll be happy…

The salads were fresh and unique with all home made dressings and the bread were plentiful and all home made as well. Recommend the strawberry salad and pouched pear salad.

My surf and turf was fillet medallions in a demi glaze with a wood grilled lobster tail. Everything was cooked well and delicous. Others had baked lobster mac and cheese, strip steak, and a chioppino with fresh mussels, clams, mahi mahi…it looked great. Our host couple have made the restaurant a tradition whenever they come for parent weekend.

Im not a dessert guy but the 6 layer chocolate cake and home made carrot cake were enormous and both disappeared quickly.

My only complaint is the wine list wasn't bad but could have had a lager higher end collection of cabs.

This restaurant would feel comfortable in any big city around the country. But the prices weren't.

I would definitely recommend a visit for dinner next time your in the mountains.
Dr Jeffrey Stein

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have been traveling to Asheville on business for the past 6 years and first discovered Frankie Bones about 3 years back. Asheville has many really nice places to eat and I have tried many. What impresses me about Frankie Bones and brings me back time and again is the consistancy of quality. Like my headline says, I have never been disappointed wiith a dinner there, I hadn't beeen to Frankie Bones in many months so yesteday I suggested to a friend and business colleague that we go there for dinner. Our meal and service was like all my previous experiences. Excellent. 5 stars. So if you havent been there, go. If its been a while, go.again. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our latest visit to Frankie Bones was for Sunday Brunch. It was by far the best brunch experience we have had in Asheville. The menu is vast and caters to all tastes. Our favorite brunch item on the menu is hands down, the Chicken and Waffles. Sounds kind of strange, but it is fabulous! They also have a Bloody Mary Bar where you can make your own your way. We have visited Frankie Bones for Dinner and Brunch and have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is fun, the service is great and the food never disappoints. A definite must try if you are new to Asheville or visiting. For repeat customers, the menu is always updating and changing so there is always something new and delicious to try!

1  Thank AshevilleFoodie2013
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have visited Frankie Bones numerous times before and it has never disappointed. We love the atmosphere and decor. But not just that, we can always expect a fabulous meal. Loved their Pumpkin Martini. Calamari appetizer was cooked perfectly crispy (some restaurants make their's too soggy or chewy). I loved my coffee marinated ribeye and to top it off, you MUST have their Carrot Cake. Always one of my favorite places to eat!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great food with a wonderful ambiance. Happy hour is such a great value but do try the filet mignon. The best in town!