“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
fort mill, sc
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2007

Well, My husband and I planned a weekend getaway to Asheville but were too late to book a Bed and Breakfast like we wanted to. The only decent hotel room we could find was in the Courtyard. I have never stayed in the Courtyard before so I don't know how it compares. However, I do think that it was very pleasant. We got there at night and so it was convenient that there was a restaurant still open a few steps from the hotel. The room itself was very neat and comfortable. Every morning we had a complimentary full breakfast in the dining area. Even this area was kept neat and clean and the breakfast was pretty good (the biscuits with sausage gravy were yummy!). All in all there were no hassles or issues with this place. Very decent indeed.

• Liked — clean rooms, coffee and tea available 24 hours, breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank swaprav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
South Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2007

We stayed here for one night we booked the room with points, but were very disappointed...the room smelled of smoke although it was supposed to be a non smoking room. We were very tired after driving for 12 hours so didnt bother to complain, The beds were rather soft, room decor was rather dingy....but clean overall. The hallways and stairwells smelled musty and old....front desk staff was kind and effecient. Overall proprty needs a little refurbishment...nothing like other courtyards we have stayed at previously...has a carraba's restaurant right next door which proves to be very convenient. Also has a breakfast for 7 dollars, we did not eat there but seemed to be a good value.

• Stayed October 2007
Raleigh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

I can not believe that this hotel is considered a Courtyard Marriott. I was disappointed form the time the reservationist picked up the phone and that should have been my red flag. The person , booked the room incorrectly and when I called back to get this corrected, I was forced to speak with a rude customer service person, who put me on hold off and on for over 15 minutes.
The hotel.
I thought we were at a Super 8 and someone switched the signs out front.
Tiny room, the view was literally a wall, now this is in the mountains.
The bed spread and linens were cheap looking and the bed mattress was not supportive.
The tv , might have been 19 inches.
The room had no natural light of course, since the window had a wall right next to it.
We left, got a suite elsewhere w/ kitchen and refig, 30 mintues away , spent $85 instead of $125/night. Not worth $125 a night.

• Liked — near to other areas
  • Disliked — value
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cejustin
Highlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2007

It was my husbands birthday and i planned a very special trip, booked a room with a spa jacuzzi for $131 per night, and was surprised with so many amenities - which was nice. When we stepped in the room I was desappointed, the place looked very old, the couch had a terrible color and looked like an antique, but not in a good way. I was hoping the jacuzzi would make it up for the room, but it was very small and located inside the restroom, which was tiny. The TV is placed besides the bed, which its just not understandible! Very unconfortable to watch from the bed. The curtains had a terrible color that made them look yellow dirty and the porch was really small, with no especific floor, just the cement. Everything was spotless, very clean. The room was spacious, had a refrigerator and a microwave, which was very usefull.
We had a problem with the light in the restroom, it was blinking and driving my husband crazy, so on saturday morning we asked the front desk agent if it would be possible for someone to check that, she said it would be no problem. We got back in the evening and nothing was done. When we checked out the next day, the lady said the guy who usually works on that kind of problem decided to take the day off. Day off when you have a full house, on a saturday?!!
The breakfast was really good, the servers were very efficient and friendly. The keep a pantry with hot drinks and snacks, very nice!
Overall i would not recomend this hotel for a nice geatway, would recommend for business travellers that dont really care about how their room looks like.

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank daylarina
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2006

Stayed one night at the first of Dec. to attend a high school semifinal championship football game in Canton (Pisgah vs. Shelby . . Shelby won & went on to win the state championship!). Anyway...the staff here was very friendly, room was clean. Enjoyed a late-night whirlpool dip after being half-frozen at the game. The only thing I didn't like here was the fact that the drapes WON'T CLOSE. Only sheers covered the windows and the heavy drapes would only pull about 2 feet in from each side. I'm very picky about lighting when I want to sleep, especially being away from home so I hated that and slept with the covers over my head. The next morning, the dining area was very crowded for breakfast (it's small) so I grabbed a piece of fruit and ran out of there. I'd probably stay there again but would ask whether there were any rooms that don't have bright streetlights shining through the window. One really good thing is that there are restaurants nearby; in fact, there's a Carrabba's next door and apparently they'll deliver to the hotel. I like the Asheville mall and it's close by too.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bright streetlights shining thru window, drapes won't close
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for room with closeable drapes, maybe back of hotel
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2005

My husband and I travel often, and we purchased a package deal to visit Biltmore Estate for their Candlelight Christmas Tour. We opted to stay at the Courtyard instead of the Biltmore Inn (price difference was astounding!) We were delighted to find the Courtyard only ten minutes from the Biltmore, and the cleanliness was outstanding. The room was quiet, the beds comfortable, only the pillows could use improving. The breakfast was included in the package and was better than most hotels offer, including letting you order from the menu in addition to the option of the buffet. The staff was friendly, and the hotel was near numerous restaurants. I would highly recommend it for anyone wanting to visit the Biltmore, or Asheville.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Durham, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2005

You know what to expect with Courtyard by Marriott and this hotel lived up to it. Was it the best or nicest hotel I've ever stayed? No. Was it clean, were the staff friendly, were rooms adequate? Yes, yes, yes.

The hotel is located on Tunnel Rd. just off I-240 and is close to the mall and dozens of restaurants while only being about 2 miles from downtown. I was surprised that the Courtyard was about $20 cheaper than the Hampton Inn that is about 100 yards away.

The hotel is undergoing some renovation with new interior paint. In addition, the bedding has been recently replaced.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business