“Huge bed very clean and new and cheap!!”

Clarion Inn Biltmore Village
Ranked #35 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Great place to stay exspecially if you are going to the Biltmore. Short drive to downtown.

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed December 29, 2010

So conveniently located for the Biltmore. Very nice, clean rooms although bath a little small. Beds very comfortable. Good coffee made in room. Internet was a easy to access. Restaurants handy.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Originally had this hotel selected by Hotwire. I had several reservations about the hotel after reading the reviews on this site, but I must say that my wife and I enjoyed this hotel very much. We requested an upstairs room on the back side of the hotel, which I highly recommend due to the busy street traffic on the front side of the hotel. Our room was newly refurbished and very clean. It had all the normal amenities incl. a microwave and mini-fridge in the room. The shower was great, with no hot water or pressure problems. The only drawback to the room was that there is a half inch gap between the bottom of the room door and the floor, which was letting in quite a bit of cold air. However, after we placed a towel along the bottom of the door, we didn't have any other issues. We didn't notice any bugs at all (like previous reviews), but I could see how that could be a problem in the summer with that gap under the door. All in all, we were very happy with our room. The free breakfast was also much better than expected/reviewed. It had all the normal continental stuff, but they also had hot items like eggs, biscuits and gravy, and waffles, which they rotated daily. Again, we were very satisfied with our choices. I also met the front desk staff and they were all very nice and attentive, incl. Chris the night mgr., who had received a lot of neg, reviews, but I didn't have any issues at all with anyone. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting th eBiltmore Estate. You cannot beat the location or the price.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Location was terrible. Entrance to hotel through Steakhouse parking lot. Not enough parking space. No elevators. Stayed on 3rd floor, front side. Parked in back on totally opposite end. Very dark. Drafty room. Could feel cold air coming in around door. It was snowing. The rudest staff at front desk I have ever dealt with at a hotel. Go across the street and stay at the Baymont or somewhere, anywhere but here. The only positive thing to say about the place is the price. But.............I quess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank retdandluvnit
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We were supposed to stay for 2 nights, but when we found a bug in our BED and bathroom, we switched to another room the first night. After sleeping there and coming back the next day, we found another large bug crawling up the wall, so we were switched to yet another room, and not surprisingly, found another bug in the bed. Left a day early, and hotel did not refund money. Night manager, Chris, was completely unprofessional. Tried to make an excuse that "they are located in a rainforest, so obviously they can't get rid of all the bugs". He was a complete jerk and actually screamed at us while we remained calm abou the situation. Needless to say, we would never recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FriendFromRaleigh
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Upon arriving we checked the room for bugs, (as we work in the hotel industry) and immediately found some in one of the beds and in the bathroom. We immediately requested another room, and was given one. We did not find any bugs upon immediate checking in the next room until the next day. We then requested another room because of the bugs that were crawling up the wall. My wife called down to the front desk, and in reply to her complaint he stated "We are in the rain forest, we are going to have bugs." I thought that it was disgusting that he would try to make it seem OK that there were bugs in our room, and that it was no big deal. He never apologized to us, and even walked over to the bug and said that "it's just a beetle". He said he would give us another room or he would kill the bug for us, and that was all he could do. We asked for another room, and obviously checked for bugs. The first bed we checked in had another bug and we called the night manager back down, and he huffed on the phone and came back to our room. I told him that I was checking out and that I wanted either my money back or I wanted him to find me another hotel room at another hotel. When I got to the front desk two minnutes later, he was in the office eating, and not at the front desk waiting for me, (which is where I thought he would be since he knew that I was angry over what was happening and how he had been treating me.) When I got tehre he said that he spoke with the GM and that they would not give me my money back and would not get me another hotel room anywhere else as I had booked through an internet site. He once again never apologized, and just looked at me. He was very inconsiderate and does not understand the concept of customer service. I said I was checking out. At that time there was another customer behind me so I felt the need to let him know of the situation that I was going through with having been in three rooms with bugs, and the rudeness of the night manager and not really caring. As I began to talk to him, which I have a right to do, the manager began to scream at me and telling me to get out. I was so taken back that I informed him that he should not talk to me like that. He continued to yell until I finally left out of irritation. I hope they have a video tape of the front desk because he was very unprofessional and should not be working in a customer service job. I would never go back to this hotel, and would never recommend for someone to go there either. They have an infestation that they need to control there, as well as a night manager that was extremely rude.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeremy_jennings
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Our advice: Do not stay in this hotel. While the room was adequate, the front-desk staff, particularly the manager, was surly and unhelpful. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the lowest, we rate the management of this hotel a minus 3.

The "complimentary" breakfast was not that good. Eggs, when available, were watery. Biscuits were stale. Orange juice tasted funny. While we don't expect a great culinary experience at cheap hotels, we expect the food to be edible.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family