“OK for the price”

Clarion Inn Biltmore Village
Ranked #33 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Good location and price, close to Biltmore. Rooms were clean but very small with no real dressing area. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Breakfast was OK. Easy to get on wireless internet.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 8, 2009

After reading the reviews from a few months ago, my friend and I arrived with tempered expectations, but we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful; the room was clean, attractive and comfortable and the location was perfect given our agenda.

The hotel is less than a 10 minute drive from the center of downtown and is just as close in the other direction to the Blue Ridge Parkway. While you aren't in the middle of anything, you are close to just about everything you could want to do and are just seconds off of I40.

There was a little traffic noise since our room was on the street side, but it wasn't terrible. The major drawback to the room was that the air conditioner had to be turned pretty far up to get rid of the slightly dank feeling in the room. Even this, however, was not bad at all. The shower was great, and the room was spacious with 2 queen beds and a mini-fridge.

A continental breakfast is included, and if you have left small items at home, you can ask for a toothbrush, razor and other personal items at the desk - they are complimentary.

Overall, a great bargain for our Priceline price, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights Oct 2-4. The hotel was fine. The rooms were definitely clean, the linens were nice, the breakfast bar was plentiful, and the staff was friendly. No complaints there.

The bathrooms are small and the breakfast buffet area is tight, too. You've read about that in other recent reviews.

I do have 2 issues and these are regular issues I have with several hotels.

1) The beds are firm. Not super firm, but it was difficult for me to lay on my side while I slept without my arm falling asleep. This is a common complaint of mind, and I realize I like my beds softer than most do.

2) The room's entrance is off the balcony walkway. The only way to get natural light would be to leave the curtain open, but then anyone walking by would be able to see into the room. I will be sure to only book rooms with an interior hallway entrance when I want to be able to leave the curtains open.

Also, if you stay here, you'll likely want to request a room away from the road as it's much quieter on the back.

I'd stay here again with a good price, but it would have to be a very good price.

Also, Asheville's layout is smaller than I expected. Everything is only about 10-15 minutes away, so next time I'd stay wherever the best hotel is and not worry about Asheville East / West being very far away.

Next time, though, I want to plan ahead and stay at a cabin a few minutes out of town. The mountains are spectacular and I'd like to stay closer to them.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank toomyw
Reviewed October 6, 2009

As most others have said I was a bit worried reading previous reviews on how this hotel would turn out. But, with that said, I have always had luck with Priceline 'Name Your Own Price' so I was hopeful. I am happy to say the Guesthouse Inn did not disappoint. As always I will breakdown my review for ease of reading.

Location: Hotel is centrally located and only a minute from the Biltmore and about 8 minutes from downtown.

Staff: Super friendly and helpful. Awesome!

Breakfast: Breakfast is included which was a nice suprise. Its decent for a free breakfast. You have your choice of pastries, bagels, french toast, eggs, waffles, and cereals. Definitely appreciated!

Room: The room was very clean and nicely decorated. It has plenty of room and even a fridge for leftovers or drinks. The bathroom was also clean and the shower was great - it had really good water pressure which can be hard to find in a hotel. The beds were extremely comfortable and had a huge selection of pillows - each labeled firm or soft. The only downside is we were located on the street side so you can hear some traffic which may bother some people. It wasn't loud enough to keep me awake and I'm a light sleeper.

These rooms typically go for $180 a night but we received it for $70 a night on priceline so for us it was a great deal. I would definitely return to this hotel and highly recommend it to travelers looking for a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Previous reviews of this hotel were enough to make me fear what I had gotten into after purchasing the room on Priceline's "name your own price" service. But, I gave them a chance and they did not disappoint. The staff was exceptionally friendly, first of all, and obviously took pride in their work. Having been completely renovated in 2008, I suspect any personnel that were not completely customer service oriented were let go. As for the facility, EVERYTHING was new--and tasteful. Is is a 5-star resort? No. But you don't worry about cleanliness or the functionality of anything. Besides, in-room fridge and coffee maker are enough for people that don't require turn down service. As for the beds, they were the best I'd ever slept on in a hotel. Not to mention the "firm" and "soft" pillows were a nice touch.

All in all, I'd say that the rebirth of this hotel has made it a great value and opportunity for visitors to Asheville--especially if you're there to see the Biltmore Estate. Downtown is only a couple miles up the road and you have immediate access to I-40. This is certainly the place I will stay next time I visit Asheville.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank doyner
Reviewed June 24, 2009

After some of the bad reviews, I was a little concerned. The hotel was excellent. The bathroom was extremely clean. We had a wonderful time!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2008

Convenient, clean, and quiet. We came to Asheville without reservations to see a concert at the Orange Peel and afterwards drove south on highway 25 looking for motels. Since I belong to the Priority Club, we stopped here first and were cordially welcomed. The evening clerk took a map and showed us exactly where to get on the Blue Ridge Parkway to avoid a rockslide near Mt. Mitchell. He recommended different exits for 1/2-hour, 2-hour, or 3-hour Parkway trips. This information turned out to be extremely helpful. The morning clerk gave us tips about visiting the Biltmore Estate.

The room had plenty of towels, comfortable beds and chairs, a hair dryer, iron and ironing board; and the evening clerk gave my teenage son a toothbrush and toothpaste. We would definitely stay here again and recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)