Clarion Inn Biltmore Village
$106
$103
$113
$107
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$167
$159
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$162
$153
  • Restaurant
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$109
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$277
$219
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
$259
  • Restaurant
$299
Travelocity
All reviewstexas roadhousebiltmore villageroom was cleanno elevatorbusy roadparking is tightbiscuits and gravycontinental breakfastmain roadstay there againthe breakfast areawaffleswaffle makerup to datethird floorconvenient locationthe blue ridge parkway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I am a Volunteer coach for a middle school team. We had a tournament in Asheville NC. After I spent about 45 minutes, late at night, searching for a decent hotel for the price, I stumbled upon Guest House Inn. I tried a few different websites, travelocity, expedia, kayak, etc to find the best price for the same place. I decided that they were all the same price so I would book it directly through their website. So on the night of May 8th at about 11:50 or so PM, i schedule it on the website to stay the night of the 9th.

After the 3 1/2 hour or so car ride, we arrive at the hotel (around 9 pm) and go to check in. The clerk advises me that the reservation was made for the night of the 8th. I ask how is that possible? I made the reservation with 5-10 minutes left in the 8th. His response was and I quote "Did you make the reservation on our website?" To which I answered and his response was "I see this all the time."

So this is OBVIOUSLY a reoccurring problem for this hotel. He asks me to hang on a moment and he would contact his supervisor. So he calls 1 and they did not answer. He calls the 2nd and they did answer. Now during the phone call with the 2nd supervisor, the 1st one calls in as well. I request to speak to them on multiple occasions and they refuse to confront the customers and would not speak to me.

The clerk advises that they are going to charge me for the night before but would give me half off of the night that I needed (which was almost DOUBLE the price).

Now I could understand if the hotel had sold out and needed the room that I had "reserved" but the clerk told me that they only had a couple guests the night before? So 1 room made absolutely no difference what so ever to them - for that, I classify these people as thieves in my book.

This is by far the worst customer services, and WORST ran hotel I have seen in a while. Please do NOT subject yourself to this company. They are immoral and will attempt to take your money in any way that they can.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank andrew s
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We've stayed here twice while travelling through Asheville. The location is great, very close to the Biltmore and easy to find off the interstate. It's an older hotel with rooms that open to outside walkways rather than interior hallways. The room was very clean, but the mattress was very hard and uncomfortable. The tv was a smaller, tube tv, but fine for watching the news in the morning.

We were upcharged $10 for a king bed rather than 2 doubles.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2014

On a recent trip to Asheville, 2 friends and I booked 2 rooms at Guesthouse Inn. We were a little leery as we much prefer hotels with interior corridors and from the pictures, it appeared it might be an older facility. We were most pleasantly surprised by what we found. It was immaculate, the entire hotel appeared to have had a recent renovation. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were attractively furnished and well equipped. Having the sink separate from the bathroom was helpful when 2 people are trying to get ready in the morning, and the water pressure in the shower was outstanding. The breakfast was good, but pretty typical with waffles, sausage and eggs as well as the standard items. I was actually shocked to see how reasonable the vending machine prices were. I think I paid 60 cents for a bag of chips! A bottle of Coke was $1.25, I think. I'm accustomed to hotels charging 2-3 times as much. The desk staff was outstanding. Chris in the evening was very knowledgable regarding local restaurants and was very friendly and helpful. Morning Chris was equally pleasant and professional. My friend had called the desk to report having difficulty with her remote. Someone was dispatched immediately to check it out. The next morning at checkout, Chris said " I see you had a problem with the remote last night. I apologize for the inconvenience...".
There are certainly more upscale and pricier places to stay in Asheville, but for comfort, convenience and price, this place is unbeatable. I still prefer an interior corridor, but Guesthouse will be my first choice if I return to Asheville.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank btlfan
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel was well located and provided us with a clean, comfortable place to stay. The hotel is conveniently located about 10 minutes outside of downtown Asheville. Chris at the front desk was especially friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank sped123311
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on our first night visiting Asheville. We booked this hotel as an Express Deal on Priceline as we just wanted a place to stay for the night that was not outrageously priced. This hotel has no bells and whistles, but it was clean, comfortable, quiet and affordable, and all the workers were very nice. Breakfast was continental; it included biscuits and gravy and make your own waffles along with other normal breakfast items, except it had no fruit. :( The lot is really odd to park to drive around, but it was fine for one night. I would not have wanted this hotel for a week-long stay, but it is good if you are looking for a place to sleep for a night or two. It was also close to the Biltmore and Downtown, so it had good location.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple