“As good or better than other hotels in the area that cost considerably more.”

Clarion Inn Biltmore Village
Ranked #33 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we attended the BMW rally at the Biltmore House (about ten minutes away). Chris, who took my reservation, and Chris, who checked us in and was there both nights of our stay, couldn't have been nicer. When we checked in Chris went to the extra trouble to help us find a room where we could park our motorcycle outside our door. The man who helped with the breakfast was super nice, too. The room was very clean, the bedding and linens were adeqate, the location was good and breakfast was better than a lot of continental breakfasts I have had in other hotels. This hotel was definitely comparable to those in the area that costs $75 to $100 a night more. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Biltmore Village

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great location close to Biltmore and Biltmore village. Down the street to downtown Ashville. Staff was friendly, hotel room was very good and quiet and best of all the room was dark at night for good sleeping. Breakfast was ok and standard for the level of hotel. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose second floor at back of hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The location is great, just off I-40, within walking distance of Biltmore Village, if you don't mind a little hill climb.

As far as rooms go, I have to say it was a pretty average place. It was definitely clean and comfortable, but just a little old-feeling, with a tube TV still.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank WanderingPencil
Reviewed June 10, 2013

GuestHouse in Asheville is a fine stop for the night. The best part about it is its great location. It's right outside Biltmore Village and a convenient, quick drive to downtown. The room was clean and offered a good, quiet night's sleep after a late night. I would absolutely stay here again.

It's up a very steep hill, so I can only imagine it's next to impossible to get to in icy conditions!

Room Tip: It's a narrow, steep drive to the rooms around back, but it's very quiet and the parking lot...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank theroadismyhome
Reviewed May 18, 2013

If you are going to the Biltmore, or making Asheville a home base for visiting neighboring cities this is a good location. It has a bit of a goofy entrance, but once you get past that the hotel is nice, they offer a really good breakfast in the morning. Anytime a hotel has doors to your room that face the exterior, I am hesitant to call it "Great" but again this was a good value for the price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TryppAdams
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place can not be beat for price, cleanliness and location. The breakfast, in my opinion, is quite adequate. Front desk staff is cordial and efficient, but I would not go as far as saying that they were "friendly".

The beds are comfortable and afforded us a good night's sleep. We expected street noise, but really did not hear it at all. Parking can be a real pain. It appears that the number of spots to room ratio is way off. Another negative for me is the smoking policy. I appreciate that the rooms are non-smoking. But guests smoke in the hallway. So when I open my door the stink wafts right into my room. Plus, my car was always surrounded by cigarette butts. Sometimes they were on my car, since they are tossed from upper floors as well. All the butts lying around just made the lot look dirty.

There are plenty of dining options nearby including a Roadhouse Restaurant right next door. You won't even have to give up you parking spot since you can walk there! There are no elevators, so if you have issues with steps, request a ground floor room.

All in all, we will return.

Room Tip: No elevators. Request ground floor if you have issues with stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lissete
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very friendly front desk and room was clean. Can't beat the location to the front gate of the Biltmore and the little town surrounding it. Quiet rooms for the location and food wasn't bad either. We were in town just for a day. Heading back next month and we will probably try to stay there again if I bid right. We used Priceline before.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family