Holiday Inn Express Asheville - Biltmore Square Mall
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Asheville
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Just ok!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I mostly stay at hampton inn but found the holiday inn express to be a great value at this loc. The hotel was clean, breakfast was great, room was decent! The difference, which is a deal breaker for me,is the front desk staff! They were not friendly at all except for the Saturday morning male employee! From the male night front desk employee to the lady, Megan, who checked me out of the hotel, I found them robotic, not friendly, and definitely, did not want to be there! They didn't smile at all! Please note, front desk employees should smile! It's a must!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Travel427
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville - Biltmore Square Mall, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time for your review. Our staff takes great care of our hotel and our guests. Sometimes when we are especially busy their caring attitude maybe doesn't show but it is there. Please come back again because we are the best choice at our location. Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Mt. Calvary, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. What I liked: The small balcony had great views of the mountains surrounding the town. Our family thought the breakfast selection of hot and cold items was very good (we loved the warm cinnamon rolls). There was one employee who took care of the breakfast bar, and she did a great job - she replenished the food and drinks as needed and kept the area very clean. The bathroom, beds, and floor in the room were clean. What I didn't like: It seemed like there was a lack of attention to detail. For instance, while the carpet, beds, and bathroom were clean, there was a spider near the ceiling and cobwebs in the corners of the room. My husband killed the spider because I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing it was roaming around in our room! Overall, this hotel was not bad, the price was reasonable (other hotels in the area were very expensive), and I would still recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda_in_Wisconsin
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Asheville - Biltmore Square Mall, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Linda_in_Wisconsin,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with facilities and the location of the hotel. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Brookline, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel and staff are fine. The location is not great-- on a busy road with few local food options and no possibility of walking anywhere.
The breakfast is pretty awful. Omelets with nasty squeeze cheese food in them, rubbery boiled eggs, too-sweet proceeded pastries, cheep and unsatisfying bread. I wish there was a no breakfast option to save a few dollars.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville - Biltmore Square Mall, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Our location is very good for people that want the convenience of having two interstates nearby. The downtown hotels are excellent for walking around and a lot of local restaurants. I am sorry our breakfast didn't meet your standards but it is a typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast. Thank you for taking time for the review. Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Manager
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

To celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary my wife and I planned to visit the Biltmore Estate, I booked a room (in early July for a mid July stay) in this hotel simply due to its proximity to Biltmore. My wife has been ill for some time and we were unable to make the trip. We have seasons passes for Biltmore and visit it and the surrounding Asheville area as often as her health allows. I called the day before to cancel the reservation and was informed it was non-refundable; that I would be charged for the room whether we stay or not. I was told "Mr. Patel" was the only one who could cancel my reservation. I asked to speak to him and was connected to his voice mail. I left a message and he never returned my call. We don't use credit cards but secured the room with my father in law's cc. I never heard from Mr. Patel but the charges showed up on the credit card anyway. The CC company told us that the charges were made prior to our stay and there was no way to refute. This is an outrage! I will never patronize any property owned by IHG ever again. And I can assure you I will let everyone I know and those I don't, of this unscrupulous, shady, underhanded way this organization conducts business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Road W
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville - Biltmore Square Mall, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I got your message and refunded all of your deposit. I talked with you today and explained that it will take some time before the refund shows up on your credit card. I am sorry for the delay. Your type of a reservation is usually non-refundable but we always refund guests deposits if they cancel before the date of arrival (like you did). I hope you come back and stay with us in the future! Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Manager
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We booked this property in conjunction with a Biltmore family package and were quite pleased. It was clean and about 10 minutes away from the Biltmore house if even. We had a 2queen room which with 4 people wasn't the roomiest but what is these days. Friendly front desk staff, nice selection of hot and cold items for breakfast in the morning. We had our reservations after reading recent reviews but it was perfect for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad everyone enjoyed themselves. Please come back soon because there is so much to do in Asheville! Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Manager
Belmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel was very clean and well maintained. The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast room was very clean and well stocked. The location was easy to find and very convenient to the horse show we were attending. We would definitely pick this hotel again and we are looking forward to our next trip to Asheville NC.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are looking forward to your return! There is so much to do & see in the Asheville area. Our hotel has a great location to get around easily. Thank you for the great review. Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Manager
Rochester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I booked this for one night on their website. Rest of stay will be at a b&b.

Pros: the price. This city is pricey for lodging. This was almost half the downtown accommodations.

Beds are comfy, room size is large as is very nice bathroom.

Cons: the carpet(in room) is really filthy looking and the halls smell like something masking odor.

The a/c doesn't get cold enough.

I requested a room w a balcony and they said the were all booked up. I recommend calling before hand if you booked via their website to ensure you get one.

Location- good and bad: took us about 10-15 mins to get downtown. Downtown is fun but I also don't mind staying out of the area, it was packed when we were there.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville - Biltmore Square Mall, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I understand your concern regarding the damp smell but Asheville has had a lot of rain. I hope you enjoyed our area and return soon. Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew