Holiday Inn Express Asheville
Country Inn
$88
Country Inn
$136
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$79
$140
$127
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$155
$145
  • Restaurant
$173
$157
Doubletree.com
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$219
$179
Aloft.com
  • Pool
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$119
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$263
$224
  • Pool
All reviewsoutlet mallpancake machinefront desknice hotelbiltmore estatewould stay here againbreakfast baroutdoor poolroom was cleansmall balconythe blue ridge parkwayfree breakfastnice breakfastone night stayyogurthot breakfastshort drive
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Based on several reviews I decided to book this HI Express during a road trip with a stop in Asheville. I have stayed at several other HI Express and have always valued their fair prices and their simple and clean rooms with great service. However, this is the exception. When we arrived it looked as though we were disturbing the desk staff member. The building and rooms are in need of updating, either the humidity was so high in the rooms or lack of cleaning made the carpet feel sticky on the bottom of my feet. The bed was not very comfortable and the pillows were the worst I've slept on in a hotel. I will caveat that the staff was attentive in getting us new pillows upon request but they were not much better and the room and bathroom were clean. We were placed in the room on the other side of the vending area and upon arriving back from dinner there was a terrible noise coming from the area that we could hear in our room with the AC at full blast, my husband phoned to the front desk about the noise and after 20 min he went and found the issue and fixed it so we could get a decent nights sleep. I will not chose to stay here again when visiting the Asheville area.

• Stayed: June 2013
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I truly apologize that our hotel did not meet your standards. We have been refreshing our hotel when we have been able to do so. By the beginning of next year, all of our rooms will be freshly renovated. Please come back again! Thank you for taking the time for your review. Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Manager

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Clean rooms and eating area. Great location if you are going to the Biltmore House. Priced like a 5 star but just a well kept Holiday Inn Express. Next door is a Fairfield that had a better rate. Breakfast is a typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I agree that we have a great location with a lot of hotels and local restaurants close by. We are all a little different from each other which is great for the guests. Please come back soon and enjoy the Asheville area. Best regards, Ellen Pettigrew

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed on June 21st 2013. We had booked a one night stay through the Holiday Inn express website, which I would've trusted until now. I noticed during the booking my choice of 1 or 2 beds wasn't offered. This not being a huge deal it was still concerning as we checked in we were given 2 queens and was told there was no other beds available in the entire hotel.
As we checked in, we noticed the hotel downstairs was clean and presentable. We entered on the side of the hotel and it was game on! There was loud people walking and talking throughout the hallways, it was 10pm when we checked in. We got to our room and while walking in, a older lady, who we believed had complained about the kids next to us had her door open and was trying to see who was causing the noises. A staff member was at the end of the hallway- we don't believe he addressed the issue.. The parents did address it and that settled that. We did notice throughout the night that we could still hear everything and everyone outside.
Several times throughout the night, we were awakened by the refrigerator which was vibrating and making a horrible sound. Not fun.
The shampoo and soap supplied by the hotel is not helpful either. We suggest that if you forget your soap, go out in town and buy. We did not have an ironing board or iron in our room.
Finally, we had a horrible interaction with the cleaning staff at 915 in the morning. As we were getting ready, we heard a very soft knock and no announcement to which a Hispanic female used her room key and entered. I immediately started speaking to her in Spanish and was able to find out what was going on. She stated that there was a misunderstanding and that our room was suppose to be empty. Regardless, having someone of hotel staff enter our room unannounced and when we were not "prepared" is highly embarrassing for me and my wife as well as concerning for safety and integrity. And finally, the mattresses were not comfortable, they were all spring mattresses and we felt like we were on a trampoline.
On a positive note!!!
We did enjoy our balcony which we could walk out on. the shower water pressure and size of the bath was good. We were impressed with the breakfast bar, which is free, and we enjoyed the day staff when we checked out- which we found out there's "express" check out. The TV is our final review, great channels and awesome picture; a big screen with a crisp clean look.

Overall, we will stay at a Holiday Inn Express again. Would we stay at this specific hotel again? I can't say that we would at this time. The negatives outweigh the positives and we just can't see spending $160 dollars a night for such stuff..

Please consider reviewing all the hotels in the area before making your decision.
**We did not take any pictures of this hotel**

Room Tip: Make sure you make reservations with a live operator or through a special website. We were lost and did not get to select our rooms through the Holiday Inn Express website. =(
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dennis_Maggie_NKY
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that the noise level was disturbing. Our front desk would have handled the other guests if informed. Thank you for commenting on the positive features of our hotel. We would love to have you return again! Warmest regards, Ellen Pettigrew, Manager

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had to stay in the area for a week ... this place suit our needs nicely. We got a king bed suite which is a king bed in one big room. "Suite" makes it sound bigger, doesn't it? Still, it was nice cause there were two desks (tables) which made it convenient for my companion and me to set up our computers. I could warm up my leftover food in the microwave, and we could keep our drinks/food in the mini fridge.

The staff were very friendly. Love their accents (they probably would say, "What accent?").

We usually don't have our room cleaned every day (we reuse our towels) but the day we wanted it cleaned (just after 12 noon), it was hard to communicate with the housekeeper. I saw her in the hallway, approached her, said to her, "Could you please clean Room 501 today?" At first she looked at me with a big question mark on her face and then she said, "Jes". One hour and a half later I looked down the hallway and it was empty ... no cleaning cart, no one around. I don't think she could understand English maybe? I called the front desk and asked if housekeeping was done for the day. If they were done for the day, then I would just wait till the next day. No big deal. Within five minutes, a housekeeper was knocking on my door. I was so surprised. That was fast service.

Room Tip: Always get a room on the top floor and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

We have a great staff. They have been with us for years and enjoy working here. I know location and condition of a hotel is important but it really comes down to good consistent guest service. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and please come back soon. Thank you for staying! Ellen Pettigrew

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Not sure what I was expecting, the lobby was pretty nice and the breakfast buffet was pretty good. Room was just average, obviously needs some updating. Let's just say there was a peculiar odor upon going into the room that I could not distinguish. The carpet looked like it had seen better days and I suspect that it was the cause of the smell. Bed was just okay, again every time I stay at a Holiday Inn, their beds seem to sag in certain areas. Was okay for one night, but would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I am sorry that your stay wasn't the best. We will be changing out all the carpeting and beds during our slow season. Please come back and stay with us again! Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew