All reviewshi expressoutlet mallfront deskpancake makernice hotelbiltmore estatewould stay here againoutdoor poolbreakfast barroom was cleanthe blue ridge parkwaya great place to stayfree breakfastnice breakfastone night stayhot breakfastminute drive
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This property is my go-to home away from home in Asheville. Whether I'm passing through or visiting for a few days, I'm never disappointed. It is conveniently located just off the interstate and just minutes from breathtaking views and trails on the BlueRidge Parkway. The property is clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and knowledgable about the area so their recommendations about attractions, restaurants, etc. are winners!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank EmployedPhilosopher
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your great reviews. We try very hard to make staying at our hotel a special experience.
Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were traveling on a Friday night without any reservations and were lucky enough to get a room due to a last minute cancellation around midnight. The room was comfortable, we were just happy to get some rest. The complimentary breakfast and coffee was good.

Room Tip: definitely make reservations when traveling to Asheville on the weekends
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dunfour
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Come back and stay for awhile! We have such a great location that is close to most attractions.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had a good stay here. The staff at the front counter were very friendly, especially the gentleman who checked us out in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable. We thought it was a good size for the price. The king bed was comfortable and the sofa bed was a standard hotel sofa bed. The pool is a good size, but the water was freezing the day we were there due to unseasonably cool weather in Asheville. The indoor spa was nice. We had an extra early start the next morning, and so I can't comment on the breakfast. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken B
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

We strive to have a great staff and well maintained hotel. I am glad you appreciate it!
Sorry about the water being so cold, we try open it as soon as possible and leave it open until the fall. Come back soon!
Best regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We're getting better service than we paid for. With the exception of one younger gentleman who seems to always answer the phone in the afternoon everyone has been excellent. The room was clean and spacious. If it a DVR I would move in.

• Stayed: July 2011
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We try to have a high standard of service. Please come back soon to continue to enjoy hour hotel.

Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Woman at front desk didn't read my request and put me next to elevator. When I returned to front desk she said that all kings were next to elevator. I told her to give me a queen. Wjen I got to room, ot was a king not next to elevator. Wasn, impressed

Room smelled musty. Dated decor.

• Stayed: May 2012
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

I am so glad you got your room request as most of our king beds are close to the elevators. We do try very hard to accommodate our guest requests. Thank you for your review.
Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew