“BUGS”
Review of Sleep Inn West

Sleep Inn West
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Found a bug as big as my little finger in the bed and manager did NOTHING!! Got just a oops sorry. Actually hav the GALL to tell me it was a cricket. I'm not stupid I know what a cricket looks like and this was NO CRICKET. Plus there is black mold in the shower
DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009
SleepInnAGM, Front Desk Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2009

We apologize for your recent experience here at the Sleep Inn. Immediately after your checkout, the general manager carefully inspected your room but found no more bugs. We also contacted our pest control company, who inspected the room but found no evidence of any bug problem. A city health department representative also came the following day and we asked her to inspect your room, along with the random rooms she was required to inspect, and she also did not find any sign of a bug problem. We were therefore led to believe this was not indicative of a larger insect problem, and was an isolated incident.

However, we realize this must have been an unpleasant experience and we are truly sorry... but please be aware we did take immediate and thorough action to address your problem!

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn West

Reviewed August 11, 2009

My husband & I stayed three nights at the Sleep Inn West on a nice get away vacation. The room was a good size, nice comfy king bed, clean as a whistle EVERYwhere, microwave & refrigerator in our room, great morning breakfast, helpful staff, lobby laptop and printer for checking our flights and boarding passes and all of this priced WAY better than anyone comparable. It is a bit out of the way and off the highway, but made for nice quiet nights. We had no complaints at all (but one suggestion to the staff: not everyone is a coffee drinkers; we thought it would have been nice to also put a few tea bags into the in-room coffee service tray). We would recommend and will probably stay again!! Loved Asheville!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JNP73
SleepInnAGM, Front Desk Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2009

Thank you for your comments! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. I will relay your suggestion to put some tea bags in the coffee service trays to our general manager... hopefully we can implement it before your next visit!

Reviewed March 17, 2009

My friends and I have stayed at this hotel 4 times. The first 3 were great. Obviously, because we're repeat customers. I guess we've always been put on the top floor. This 4th time we were put on the 2nd floor. As soon as I got there it sounded like someone was jumping off the beds from the floor above us at 9pm. I had us moved immediately. We were moved to the 1st floor. The people above us didn't get home until 2 am and then all 3 or 4 of them took showers before going to bed. They were back up at 7 am jumping off the beds again. The same thing happened the next night. Needless to say, we didn't get a lot of sleep either night. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2009

I was staying at this hotel with a group of teens ona ski trip. After the first night. two of the girls in my room complained of a rash, itching at the insides of the elbows and on their legs. I thought about bedbugs but dismissed it as teens complaining. The next night, I was awakened at 3:40 with something biting on the top of my foot. It felt like a large mosquito bite. I immediately got up, dressed and reported this personally to the front dest. The attendant was nice but had never heard of bedbugs! So....I'm in the lobby now, reporting the bedbugs and waiting for morning when everyone in our group is up and moving around. I will NOT stay here another night, we'll see what happens. Beware, do NOT stay at Sleep Inn West, Asheville, NC!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank smsalabama
Reviewed December 15, 2008

Smoking rooms smelled terrible. Comforter on top of sheets smelled badly of smoke, obviously not washed. Carpets were stained. Cigarette burn in sheet. Bed was comfortable, staff was nice enough. Won't stay here again though.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Littlefootann
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Stayed one night at the Sleep Inn West. I was concerned about the construction which I learned about after we made our reservation, but we took a chance as it was last minute trip and there were no other options. Hotel is fine, clean and comfortable. We originally were assigned a room on the first floor away from the construction, but still facing it. We could faintly hear some noise and we were able to change our room to the other side of the hall. We could not hear a sound after we moved. Did not eat the breakfast, to many great places to eat downtown, but it looked ok. Staff friendly I would stay there again if nothing closer to downtown were available.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2008

This is a nice hotel with interior rooms and an elevator. Our room was clean, quiet and small. We stayed in the front part of the hotel. Many restaurants on the backside. There was a refrig/mirco that stuck out into the room. No table, no tub (shwr only). A sliding door to the toilet/shower area. We arrived late and ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut nearby. It came really fast! The A/C ran quietly, and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The breakfast was typical with eggs, sausage and waffles. There is a computer available to use in the lobby. The staff was very helpful and friendly. An easy drive to the Biltmore Estate.

• Stayed: August 2008