“Great Bang for your Buck” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn West

Sleep Inn West
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Asheville
Burlington, North Carolina
“Great Bang for your Buck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Reserved the hotel last minute (en route to Asheville) and to my surprise turned out to be great. Really helpful staff throughout all the shirts (which is hard to find these days).

Rooms had a flat screen tv and came with a fridge. We stayed a couple nights so this came in handy. I saw complaints for it being a noisy hotel, but had no such problem. We did however get a smoking room instead of a non-smoking, which was frustrating at first, but they immediately offered us a new room. Also, one of the managers, Scott, was really helpful. He mapped out great places to get food and the best bars around downtown.

Overall, basic amenities, clean and extremely friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank boby k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Amarillo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I reserved this hotel approx. 3 weeks in advance. Reviews seemed good. Price was fair. We arrived late, 8:45 PM. Found construction at the hotel. Workers still working, butt cracks, and all. Dusty (which does no favors for allergies), no ice on our floor, no ice where we were told it would be. The only option given to us at check-in was to release us to find another hotel, at 9 PM, after a full day in the Smokey Mountain NP., I informed the night clerks and the acting Manager the next morning that there was no notice of construction when we made the reservation. I was a member of Choice Hotels, so they had my email and phone #. Even if they only recently planned the construction, which I doubt, they could have contacted us and given us a choice as to whether to book another hotel. I feel this was deceptive and we felt taken advantage of as customers. When I talked to the Manager on Duty, the next morning, at check- out, I was given all kind of excuses but no apology. After giving every opportunity for these clerks and Managers to mention ways to improve our inconvenience, I finally told the Manager on Duty, that I felt he should make an adjustment to the rate, to compensate for construction inconvenience. I have stayed at enough hotels to know that most hotels offer discounts at the time of booking to compensate for inconvenience. He knocked off $5, nice gesture, but not commensurate with the inconvenience and obviously insincere. Too little, too late. Wow wouldn't it be nice, if one had advance information, so you can make an informed decision. Business that treats customers like this one has, deserve no loyalty. I know every guest at this hotel had some degree of inconvenience, just as we did, and if they didn't inform the hotel management of their feelings, then they just allow businesses to continue to take advantage of their customers. If I had known at the time of booking, I would have had time to book another hotel, when I could get advanced reservation rates and when I had access to my computer and internet service. By the way, the rooms were nice, but when you have to run the air conditioner all night to try to push out construction dust and then eat with the dust the next morning, the nice rooms aren't enough.

Room Tip: Make businesses accountable. Don't allow them to take advantage of you and your hard earned mon...
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of the good reviews and Biltmore House package deal. The package included a Biltmore bottle of wine, 2 day passes to Biltmore estate, one nights stay, and a $25 gift card to Cracker Barrel. Biltmore is definitely an experience! There were 2 highschool track and field teams staying over. They and other patrons were noisy. We could hear them in the hall. We turned on the heating unit fan, it drowned out some of the noise. I recommend the hotel provides white noise makers for customers if they need one.

• Stayed April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wow, I am very sirprised by the quality of the room here. 1st I asked to check in early and all the other hotels around didn't have anything available. Then I came here and not only did I get the room I wanted, but a nice discount since I wasn't staying all night. Awesome. The rooms are very nicely decorated with flat screen tv and microwave, fridge, as well as a walk in shower. I'm sure it's on the 2 star level. But really impressed. They are undergoing some renovations in the lobby area but I can't really hear anything on the 3rd floor outside of the big lift moving around outside. Which is quite funny since I almost choose to go there and their would be some guy peeping in my window while I'm trying to make love.. lol

Room Tip: If your coming during the day and need quiet. Get one on the 3rd floor and away from the elevator...
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This place looks brand new. Very clean rooms and very nice staff. They do everything they can to help you. I changed my reservation just to stay one more day in Asheville. They do serve a good variety of hot food during breakfast. Great job folks.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Two couples traveling with no reservations decided to stop for the night in Asheville. Based on reviews on TripAdvisor we decide to inquire about the availablity of 2 rooms. The price was very reasonable & we couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was friendly, rooms very clean, well decorated & a better than average continental breakfast included. Looked like it had recently been renovated & easy connection to Wi-Fi. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Great value
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Distant 'burbs of Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Nice place and nice rates. Our only gripe was a lack of good restaurants nearby. Not the closest place to the Biltmore Estate, but the quality and price made it worth the extra few minutes of driving.