“Our Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn West

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sleep Inn West
Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Our Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We have now stayed many times at the Asheville Sleep Inn West. We like to get away for two or three days several times a year, just to enjoy the scenery and cooler weather. It is a pleasant place, with an excellent hot breakfast, and congenial staff. We recommend it highly.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Gallipolis, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We picked this hotel because the reviews were good, the price was good and it looked like a nice hotel. When we checked in the staff were so friendly. Our room was exactly what the pictures looked like. The rooms are decorated very nice. They are very clean. We wanted to go The Biltmore Estate and they have a package for that. The parts that we didn't like was the pillows are the smallest pillows I have ever seen. They are like half the size of a standard pillow. There is only a shower stall and it didn't have enough shelves for me to put all of the stuff that I like to use in the shower. It only has one little shelf. Other then that we really liked the hotel and the staff made us feel very welcome. They had a decent breakfast. It is out of the way of the highway so there isn't any outside noise. They have tea and cookies during the day. Don't drink the tea if you don't like lemon.

1 Thank Julia M
Tabor City, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Nice surprise for this chain. Very modern-Asian inspired decor. The softest face clothes and towels!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 4rooster
Herrin, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We enjoyed our stay - tried out the local restaurants in the evening - went into Asheville each day. Breakfast was good - lots of choices - very clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good prices.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Great location, good rate, small goody bag upon arrival, Chocolet chip cookies and lemon aid in the lobby at arrival. Above average breakfast. This all adds up to an excellent stay. Would stay at this property in the future.

Dyersburg, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

The photos made the hotel appear to be updated, but the room was not what I expected. The bathroom sink was literally in the room and the "bathroom" was closed off by a pocket door that wouldn't lock. The pocket door was very loud when you opened/closed it. So it disturbed everyone in the room. And there was just a stand up shower. The shower door was not installed correctly and made water leak all over the door. The thermostat on the a/c unit in the room didn't seem match what you set it on. EX: put on 70 but it was not 70 degrees in there. The breakfast was actually pretty good. And the room was clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John S
, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
I am sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience here at the Sleep Inn West. If you reported your problems at checkout, I can assure you that we have inspected your room and resolved the maintenance problems you mentioned with the bathroom door, the shower and the air conditioning unit. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and I hope you will give us a second chance!
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Recently, I stayed at the Sleep Inn West hotel in Asheville, NC. The experience was absolutely horrible. I drove from Tampa, Florida for a wedding at the Biltmore Estates Inn. The group consisted of 21 peoples; 12 adults and 7 kids. At night we received visitors from the rest of the group which was staying at different hotels. Like any other big family, it takes coordination to plan the next day agenda.
We noticed that Mr. Patel (General Manager) was observing us during the entire stay. It was an unwelcome feeling.
When we was about to check out, he charge us for 5 rooms but with an extra 2 adult per room for the entire stayed. My sister-in-law admitted that she was extra and do not argue in paying the extra charge. Also my niece admitted that she is 21
years and she was also charge extra an extra fee. But the rest of the extra charges was absolute an assumption from his part.
I mentioned to him that when I booked the room, I reserved the room for 2 adults and kids. For example in my room sleep my husband, me and my daughter (13 years old) and he didn't believe me .I mentioned to him to look at the security cameras to confirmed it, but he refused to do it and insisted for me to pay for extra 2 adults in the room. He insisted on being rude and turned away from me to ignore me and my request. How rude was that? He made no attempt to even be interested in what I was saying. I also mentioned to him that we wanted to call the entire party in front of him, for him to confirm the amount of peoples and their ages. But again, he refused.

After 2 hour of arguments infront of other customers, he decided to only charge us for the extra 2 adults that we admitted from the beginning. We wasted 2 hours convincing Mr. Patel, we could have been travelling back home to Florida
It was a horrible experience. He was so rude. Customer services was poor. I cannot believe that this is a 98.5 rating Hotel.

It was humiliate, unprofessional and poor customer services from his side.
Each time I stay in a hotel the experience is both enjoyable and truly impressive. The morning buffet breakfast was decent, but not great. I was a little disappointed of the Hotel. I read the reviews for this hotel and it supposed to be a 98.5. I don’t think so!
What a disappointed experience!
Zaira E. Yhap, Tampa Florida 06/15/12

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Zaira371
I am truly sorry for your dissatisfaction with your experience here at the Sleep Inn West, and for any misunderstanding that occurred to cause this disagreement. We made the decision to append extra-person charges to your rooms due to the large amount of traffic that our front desk and management staff noticed coming to and from your rooms throughout your stay, as well as the fact that your reservations (made by you through Choice Hotels) indicated that there were only supposed to be 2 adults and 2 children in the rooms, which was not the case. We charge for extra persons because of the costs associated with accommodating additional adults—linen, laundry, water and electricity usage, food and beverage, and so on.

We ultimately decided to waive the disagreed-upon extra-person charges to resolve the conflict at checkout. I apologize for any unpleasant impression this situation may have caused, and I hope that this apology, along with our decision to waive your extra-person charges (the ones we disagreed on) at checkout, is sufficient resolution for this issue.