Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Clean Motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed one night in June. Was impressed how clean the room was. It also seemed a good size. Very convenient to the expressway. Was at least a 20-30 minute drive from downtown Asheville. Much cheaper than downtown Asheville hotels. Breakfast was standard "free" motel food, good for yogurt and banana but not much else.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank backatit63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've come to learn that all of these chains (Marriott Courtyard, Fairfield, Hampton Inn, Doubletree, etc) are pretty much the same. I expect and, for the most part, get a greeting when I arrive, a decent lobby, a clean room, good price, etc. You all get a '4' rating, it's your's to lose/gain.

The good: All the things Marriott/Fairfield mentioned above: clean room, greeting at the desk, ok pool, and a very nice price (all other hotels, especially off Tunnel Rd, were $100 more per night).

The bad: Breakfast. I'm not asking for much, however the breakfast was horrible. Were the hard boiled eggs cooked in my grandma's socks 2 years ago? Scrambled eggs….powered, you think? If the best thing is the packaged yogurt, you are missing something. I would rather have the hotel chain raise their prices $5-10 per night and get a decent 'free' breakfast. Or, lower your prices $5-10 and only offer coffee. It was horrible….I literally almost vomited.

We all now expect free breakfasts in these hotel chains (Marriott, if you are reading this, refer to Kano Model). Given the fact it's getting hard to differentiate, do so in things like breakfast. Would I stay here again? Yes…but I wouldn't dare eat anything but a banana or yogurt.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank nc_travelguy
Kim R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
nc_travelguy,
I appreciate your comments and I apologize that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. I will definitely look for different ways to improve in this area. I am glad that wedid provided a clean room, and courteous service during your stay. I hope you will accept my apology and return in the future.
Cincinnati
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

This property is a disgrace to Marriott. Unclean, half of lot is gravel. Random old junk laying in parking lot. Stains on blankets. It honestly made me nervous to leave my car outside in their lot. Only plus is a fire station sits by property, in case the junky hotel bursts into flames. Oh and did I mention the random nasty charcoal grill out front. All around awful!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank LOVESTOTRAVEL32
Lovestotravel32,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. The gravel lot is actually just a turn around space for motorcoaches, vehicles with trailers, etc. We do have a lot of long term guests that bring their charcoal grills. We do allow this because we want all of our long term guests to feel like this is their home away from home. I hope that you will return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites for your next visit to Asheville, NC.
Mount Holly, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was coming back from Pigeon Forge and it was late and I became too tired to drive home. Knowing Marriott quality as Platinum members, I chose this hotel. Karl at the front desk was outstanding as he made me feel completely welcome, recognized our status, and made me feel right at home. I was in room 509 which was clean and fine for the night. They were pretty full and I settled for two double beds, but it made me proud to be a Marriot customer when I witnessed Karl going out of his way to make sure I had a positive experience!

Room Tip: High floors always work for us.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Piseu
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed at this property during a road trip for only one night. Checked in late with a very friendly and considerate front desk associate. He made the process quick, easy and painless. Room was clean, neat, and looked like it was recently updated.
It is conveniently located just off the highway in a cluster of hotels, so they should always have competitive rates.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JayhawkFan56
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights during our weekend visit to the Biltmore estate. The hotel is conveniently located, and the hotel itself is clean and comfortable. Here are the highlights:

Location - The hotel is only a 10 minute drive from downtown Asheville and the Biltmore Estate, and is less than 2 miles from I-40. There is also a farmers market nearby.

Room - Our room was clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The only downside was that our A/C fan constantly ran, despite the fact we switched it off, but we were able to sleep through it.

WiFi - Access to the wifi is free.

Breakfast - Free breakfast is available in the lobby each morning from 6am to 10am.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank 888Main
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

My wife and I had a very nice stay at this hotel. We stayed for 3 days. The staff was exceedingly nice and helpfull. The rooms were super clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. Great location as it was only a few miles from the Blue Ridge Pkwy. The free buffet breakfast was always fresh and a good assortment of fruits, etc. Overall a good stay and we would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple