“Great property + Great people + Great stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our family went to Biltmore and picked this Fairfield for value and location. We got a bonus
with great Front Desk staff Beverly. Rooms were ready and open early. Rooms were clean,
cared for and updated. Breakfast was free and the Stay was great. We will be back again!

Room Tip: Ask for BEVERLY at the Front Desk!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin B
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stopped for the night passing through, the girl working the desk was great. Gave us delivery menus, then she made suggestions, told us about the restaurants. The room was quiet, nice and clean. Everyone we encountered was very nice and polite.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Picked this hotel for a quick weekend road trip due to its proximity to the Biltmore Estate. After a long day on the road, this hotel delivered on what I would expect - friendly front desk and a clean room. There was a "cleaning product" smell to the room, but not overwhelming. The morning breakfast was very good and the attendant was very nice. If this was a team, the Fairfield Inn would be the dependable role player that is always needed which is why i just gave the "average" rating.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Clean, modern, tall.....in an odd place...not a lot of restaurants - but a nice, modern property and only 5 minutes from Biltmore. You will be very satisfied if you stay here. Right off the interstate.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The good first. My room was clean. The sheets were fresh, bed comfortable, the bathroom super-clean. The breakfast area was clean, and had enough food to eat (scrambled eggs and meats, breads, juices, good coffee, etc.) The breakfast area lady was very efficient. Front desk staff is nice. There’s a coin laundry room, which is very convenient. There’s an indoor pool and a gym (I don’t use either). For this time of year (October), the rate I got for this hotel was fantastic – hotels in Asheville are very pricey in the Fall. Location is good – but, you still have to get on the Interstate and drive for about 10 minutes to get to Downtown Asheville; the Biltmore Estate is close by, but you still have to drive there. There are a lot of things you can walk to near the hotel: a mall, McDonalds, Kmart, and some other stores, and there is the granddaddy of discount shoe stores just a bit down the street. The Blue Ridge Parkway entrance is very, very close to this hotel.

That’s it for the good. The hotel is old, tired and in need of updating. The lobby, while clean, is very dark. The breakfast room is dark. Hallways are dark. And, the rooms are dark (I stayed here a couple years ago and my room then was dark too). The furniture is dated, but the bed was comfortable. My room was SO stuffy when I walked in. It was 38 degrees outside, so I didn’t want to put on the A/C. But, I couldn’t stand the stuffiness. The windows don’t open AT ALL. (Usually, hotel windows open about 3 inches – these, not at all.) So, I couldn’t get any relief from cool, outside air. I finally had to put on the A/C unit just to get the stale air out of the room. The A/C took a bit to get some cold coming out, but it finally did and then worked well. I can’t understand why a room would be so stuffy; maybe it was just this particular room (616). I would come back from breakfast, where it was cool downstairs, and walk into my very stuffy room – it was very annoying to have to put on A/C when it was 38 degrees outside. The windows sweated from the cold outside and the stale warm air inside. The best way to describe it would be like when you are travelling through Louisiana or Mississippi in July and the humidity is so high, it is in your room. It was not humid here – but, that’s what the room felt like.

Now, the wifi (it was free). It SEEMS that for the free wifi you are limited to 3 devices. Well, we had 2 laptops, and 2 mobile devices. So, one computer couldn’t use the wifi. Maybe that is a regular thing, but I travel a LOT and never came across that. It was annoying. I called down to the front desk to ask about it, and the girl rattled off something that didn’t make sense. She finally said she really didn’t know, but she was very nice. If you are a family with a lot of devices, you may want to check on this if you are expecting free wifi. I think after the third device, you can purchase wifi. Ah, no way – wifi should be free. Besides that, the wifi is spotty at best – one night it kept going in and out.

All in all, the place is decent and definitely clean, and the price is right. It’s good for overnight or a day or two. I prefer the Residence Inn over by the Biltmore for an extended stay (but it is MUCH more expensive).

Parking at this hotel is plentiful and free.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank tczig
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend as we visited the Biltmore house as our last trip before our baby boy will be arriving in January. The first room we were put in was very clean but had an odor like it had been recently smoked in. I called the front desk and spoke with Beverly who said that all of their rooms are non smoking but she would be happy to move us. I asked if they could freshen up with some Febreze instead of me being a pain in "butt" but being pregnant and having asthma it wasn't long and the smell brought on an asthma attack. I went down and talked to Beverly and she was happy to move us to a suite, no questions asked. I was surprised at how quick she was to make sure we were happy and not to mention the room was plenty big enough and extremely clean! The cleanliness of the overall hotel was impressive. The free breakfast was enjoyable too, lots to choose from and plenty of food for all the guests. I never write reviews but felt our experience was a great one and wanted to share!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here and found it to be a decent experience. It is centrally located in Asheville with Interstate 26 right there allowing quick access to anywhere (downtown Asheville is a quick 10 minute drive away). The hotel is located I an area with many hotels, a mall, some chain restaurants, and grocery store. Breakfast is included in your stay and includes the staple eggs, waffle station, oatmeal and grits, cereal and coffee. Parking isn't an issue but park of their parking lot is not paved and when the place is full, you may have to park around back.

Thank you to Amy who was helpful with ideas of what to do and helping last minute packers with items we may have forgotten.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the second floor. There is a balcony outside rooms 211 and 215 that looks over the l...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple