Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We travelled through on the Blue Ridge Parkway on our motorcycle. This hotel was very close, easy access to the Parkway and dining. The hotel is just off the main road so traffic sounds are not an issue. The hotel was clean and staff friendly. The parking was good since we were able to park the bike and see it from our window. We looked at the pool area but didn't use it, look nice enough. The breakfast was great but very busy on the morning we were there. We just took it back to our room so we could watch the weather, news, etc. Also they have a pc for guest to use. This was nice since there were chances of rain the day of our travel. Overall, nice room pleasant area - low noise. I would liked to have had an outside sitting area, maybe just a few chairs / table to relax in the evening. It would be a nice addition.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square

Reviewed November 4, 2007

My husband and I wanted a place to stay for one night on our quick jaunt to see leaves on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and this hotel was one of the few that had a vacancy on short notice at this time of year. The hotel is next to a nice shopping area near I-40 and I-26, so it's not a resort with a view, but it is a convenient location for a Blue Ridge excursion.

The lobby made a good first impression and the lady at the front desk was friendly.

The hallways smelled a little strongly of Carpet Fresh, but the room itself was clean. We had requested extra feather pillows, so the bedding was especially nice and very comfortable. The furnishings looked fairly new and trendy, but the bathroom seemed just a little dated, but clean enough.

It's not the sort of place I'd choose for an extended relaxing vacation, but it was a clean, comfy and convenient place for weary travelers passing through.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mrsbrak
Reviewed September 12, 2007

We arrived about 6pm and got our room right away. The room smelled like cigarette smoke. This is a non smoking hotel. The staff gave us another room with no question. The room was nice, very large. The staff was very nice and helpful. The free breakfast was nice, nothing too fancy. Waffles, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, fruit, cereals, milk, breads, etc. The pool was a serious disappointment. It was SO small. I think it was about the size of two king beds pushed together. We never bothered to go in it either.
It was clean and a nice place, location was good. It was maybe 10 minutes from Biltmore Estate. The tv had a ton of channels and good reception, but no pay per view.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MissMyDog
Reviewed June 29, 2007

Stayed here August 2003 when it was the Winngate Inn. Had a very bad experience but management refused to respond.

1. There was a room near to ours that had a family staying in it with several small children and pre-teens that the parents let roam the building ALL NIGHT LONG. During all the wee hours of the morning, even, they were in the hallway screaming, laughing, cutting up, and making noise. Made calls to the front desk who claimed that they were trying to contact the parents.

2. I received a wake-up call (I didn't request one) at 6:00 a.m. I could not sleep before because of the rowdy children in the hall during the night (who apparently had finally gone to their room) and had just gotten to sleep.

When I checked out, I asked to speak to management and was told the manager was not in. I saw a person write a report (the one who told me he was responsible for calling--he had mixed up the room numbers, he said), and he told me to call management later. I had to leave since I had a plane to catch.

I called later, on several occasions, from my home which is in a different state, and management refused all of my calls.

One thing I did learn from this experience, however, is that I now always unplug my telephone in my hotel room (if there is no ringer-off option) before I go to sleep. It will solve the erroneous phone calls, but of course does nothing about rude, rowdy children!

2  Thank Maldenian
Reviewed March 20, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel once before and after reading the posts on reviews I felt compelead to write a review. My stay was
a few weeks ago. Although I do not care for Asheville in general I was there to extend my vacation. I am from north carolina and go thourgh that area quite frequtely on my way to cherokee to Harrahs casino which you can read my review on it as well. I decided to stop there to eat and see a movie before going into casino the next day. By the way if you want to eat at a great restaurant in the area try the stone ridge tavern just right downt the street from the hotel. They have excellent food and the prices are moderate. I checked in for 1 night. I was a little hesitate by the reviews but the bad reviews couldnt be further from the truth. It is a very nice hotel. The rooms are great and very niceley decorated. The linens are very nice and the pool area is great as well. They have a very nice jacuzzi! Very relaxing!! I found absolutely no faults with the hotel whatsoever.

The only suggestion or really complanint I would have to offer is if you are a smoker then request a room on the 2nd floor(no rooms on 1st). This is a non smoking facility and you have to go outside to smoke. However they did put me on the 2nd floor right at the outside door so i could easily access the outside to smoke. Other than that the hotel is great and well maintaned with friendly helpful staff. They even let me have milk at night all though they werent suppose to. They do have a free contiential breakfast all though I would almost pass. Typical stuff not a great selection but adaquete considering its free. So all in all I would definitely give it a thumbs up. I am even going back to asheville later on this year and have already booked a night there so I can see a movie and eat at stone ridge. P>S>> If you are looking for great movie theatre in the area try The epic cinemas in hendersonville! A little pricey but great digial sound and good theatre seating.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank rodney1991
Reviewed January 13, 2007

I spent Friday night, January 12, 2007, at the Fairfield Inn at 11 Rocky Ridge Road, Asheville, NC. As usual with the Marriott chains, it was a wonderful stay. The new bedding that the Marriotts have implemented is terrific. It is rare to say that a motel bed is better than what you have at home, but with the Marriots now you can.Since the new beds have been introduced, I always try to stay at a Marriott if at all possible.
The deluxe continental breakfast that they served Saturday morning was delicious. No stale bakery muffins here. I can never resist the fresh cooked Quaker Oats Oatmeal they prepare, but I could have cooked a waffle, toast, bagel or just had cold cereal. There was yogurt, boiled eggs, fruit, donuts and other items to choose from. A great way to start the day in Ashevile.
I appreciate the quality I can trust the Marriots to provide.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sierra6
Reviewed May 17, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was pleasant enough. I overheard two people saying that hey had gotten a smoking room the first night they were there because a bunch of "Gold Medallion" members had checked in and bumped them out of non-smoking rooms, but it sounded like they were given jacuzzi rooms the following night to make up for it. But I was able to get a non-smoking room right away, so I was happy.

The room was clean and pleasant enough. One thing I thought was really cool was the fact that you can listen to the television in the bathroom...so I didn't have to miss the movie I was watching, even when I was taking a shower! (There's a volume control knob next to the light so you can decide if you want to hear it or not.)

The breakfasts were very good...not just your standard continental breakfast but an ample spread of fresh food.

All in all, I would stay here again. It's close to shopping centers and food establishments and I was satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business