Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square
Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed one night while visiting the Biltmore. Staff was very helpful and it was in a great location. Just off I-26 and rooms were very quiet. Typical breakfast that you find at all Fairfields. Rooms were nice and clean

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark464

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Rarely do I get to stay in Marriott properties, with this my first in a Fairfield Inn and I must say it's a pretty nice hotel. Upon arrival the 2nd floor was closed down due to wallpaper and carpet replacement. Looks as though most if not all of the rooms/hallways have also been updated which makes for a very clean modern looking location. Bathroom vanities have been replaced as well. A fridge and microwave are in each room along with a 37 inch flat screen TV, decent closet space, etc. etc.

Housekeeping does a great job cleaning the rooms and common areas. I worked nights and they always stopped by later in the afternoon if I needed service. The breakfast area has ample seating and the food selection is similar to an HI Express, with the addition of fruit cups and pre-packaged breakfast sandwiches. The gym has high end equipment...2 treadmills and one elliptical machine all with LCD TV's attached. Free weights are also available. Nice to have solid gym machines to work out on versus most of the broken down beat up stuff I've seen in several trips past.

The doors here are thin and it's not uncommon to walk by rooms and hear someone talking inside. This also translates to when housekeeping vaccums the hallways, the only way you won't hear it is if you have earplugs in. Beds are similar to Hampton properties...comfy. The walls and floors seem much more solid. The internet is reliable with no slowdowns or boot-offs whatsoever. Parking can be an issue at times due to the 1st floor conference room holding church services, meetings etc.

Although it does sit next to a fire department, it's in a fairly quiet location with easy access to pretty much anything in Asheville via the nearby interstate. Overall a nice stay with no disappointments.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Pinlifter
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great hotel, great location, great staff. This hotel is very simple and clean. Nice breakfast area with a good food selection, enjoyable pool area and fitness center. Room was clean ariving and the daily cleaning was excellent.

The hotel is undergoing some renovation, workers were there replacing carpet on the second floor but noise was never an issue. The front desk staff was fantastic and was very helpful in suggesting local places to eat and see while in town besdies the Biltmore.

The rooms were basic but nice. Plenty of space, fridge, microwave, flat screeen TV, clean bathroom with plenty of sink space. The beds here are very comfortable.

Location wise this hotel is fight off the interstate and only 5 mins from downtown. There are some nice sit down restaurants just down the street and a few fast food places. One thing I will say is that one morning I found a couple of ants on the night stand but didn't think anything about it. Later I found out that another co-worker of mine had the same problem as well. He said he contacted the front desk, and was told they were going to send someone up the next day to take care of it.

This hotel would have got a excellent rating if it wasn't for the ant problem, but I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank G-Man09
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We just complete our stay and were very disappointed with the hotel. We have stayed here in the past and liked the place. This time, the service at checkin was good, but got to our room and found a stack of old newspapers on sitting in the corner. Our room was on the end of the hall on the top floor and it looked like it was the "hangout" for hotel staff. Complained to desk and they didn't sound suprised. Told us one of the cleaning people had walked out on them that day. We were concerned that other shortcuts were taken and requested they bring clean sheets and towels for beds. Got them pretty quickly, but still had the bad feeling about the standards of this hotel.
For the prices they charge, we will look at other options next time we are in the area.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom P
Kim R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Tom P - I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that my staff responed to your needs quickly . Unfortunately, we do make mistakes from time to time. Since you have stayed here in the past you know this is not normal practice for this specific hotel, and I hope you will return in the future. Please accept my sincere apology.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our room was tired and in need of touchup. The molding around the bathroom door was flaking and suffering from dryrot. The breakfast was not as good as it could have been and the coffee was weak. The banana was the best thing on the menu. I would not stay here again - even on points! There are many better choices in the area.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donaldmay4
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this property for 2 nights recently. Top floor, room 614. I found the entire facility to be clean, my room was very clean and very well sized compared to some of the other Fairfield Inns I've stayed at before. My room was also very quiet despite overlooking the front entrance and parking lot. I really appreciated the in-room mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There was a safe in the closet for locking up your valuables as well. The entire staff was extremely nice, warm and hospitable. The breakfast each morning was well stocked with a wide variety of choices. If you left hungry its your own fault because there was enough of a selection to please any palate! I will definitely stay at this property again when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank ChiChi133
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stay here a couple of times a year since we like how easy it is to get access to the fishing streams, Biltmore Estate and antique areas. The rooms are spotless, the buffet breakfast is very good. We like to go to the grocery store right down the road and stock up on Biltmore Estate wines at a discount! It's a great selection at 15% off.

Room Tip: It's a quiet area so anything away from the elevator is good.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Max-TN
Kim R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for taking time to leave this review. I am glad that you enjoy our location, and that it is convenient for all of your outdoor activities, as well as your shopping needs. We look forward to seeing you next time.