Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square
GreenLeadersSilver level
Roanoke, VA
“Will Stay Again”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great hotel, great location, great staff. This hotel is very simple and clean. Nice breakfast area with a good food selection, enjoyable pool area and fitness center. Room was clean ariving and the daily cleaning was excellent.

The hotel is undergoing some renovation, workers were there replacing carpet on the second floor but noise was never an issue. The front desk staff was fantastic and was very helpful in suggesting local places to eat and see while in town besdies the Biltmore.

The rooms were basic but nice. Plenty of space, fridge, microwave, flat screeen TV, clean bathroom with plenty of sink space. The beds here are very comfortable.

Location wise this hotel is fight off the interstate and only 5 mins from downtown. There are some nice sit down restaurants just down the street and a few fast food places. One thing I will say is that one morning I found a couple of ants on the night stand but didn't think anything about it. Later I found out that another co-worker of mine had the same problem as well. He said he contacted the front desk, and was told they were going to send someone up the next day to take care of it.

This hotel would have got a excellent rating if it wasn't for the ant problem, but I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank G-Man09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Munster, Indiana
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We just complete our stay and were very disappointed with the hotel. We have stayed here in the past and liked the place. This time, the service at checkin was good, but got to our room and found a stack of old newspapers on sitting in the corner. Our room was on the end of the hall on the top floor and it looked like it was the "hangout" for hotel staff. Complained to desk and they didn't sound suprised. Told us one of the cleaning people had walked out on them that day. We were concerned that other shortcuts were taken and requested they bring clean sheets and towels for beds. Got them pretty quickly, but still had the bad feeling about the standards of this hotel.
For the prices they charge, we will look at other options next time we are in the area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom P
Kim R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Tom P - I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that my staff responed to your needs quickly . Unfortunately, we do make mistakes from time to time. Since you have stayed here in the past you know this is not normal practice for this specific hotel, and I hope you will return in the future. Please accept my sincere apology.
Amelia Island, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our room was tired and in need of touchup. The molding around the bathroom door was flaking and suffering from dryrot. The breakfast was not as good as it could have been and the coffee was weak. The banana was the best thing on the menu. I would not stay here again - even on points! There are many better choices in the area.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donaldmay4
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this property for 2 nights recently. Top floor, room 614. I found the entire facility to be clean, my room was very clean and very well sized compared to some of the other Fairfield Inns I've stayed at before. My room was also very quiet despite overlooking the front entrance and parking lot. I really appreciated the in-room mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There was a safe in the closet for locking up your valuables as well. The entire staff was extremely nice, warm and hospitable. The breakfast each morning was well stocked with a wide variety of choices. If you left hungry its your own fault because there was enough of a selection to please any palate! I will definitely stay at this property again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank ChiChi133
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stay here a couple of times a year since we like how easy it is to get access to the fishing streams, Biltmore Estate and antique areas. The rooms are spotless, the buffet breakfast is very good. We like to go to the grocery store right down the road and stock up on Biltmore Estate wines at a discount! It's a great selection at 15% off.

Room Tip: It's a quiet area so anything away from the elevator is good.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Max-TN
Kim R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking time to leave this review. I am glad that you enjoy our location, and that it is convenient for all of your outdoor activities, as well as your shopping needs. We look forward to seeing you next time.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2012

this hotel was the cleanest we have stayed at on our cross country trip. They have an award hanging on their wall from the health department, they were really friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. The pool area was immaculate too, and the work out area was nice.

Room Tip: I asked them to tell me where to eat, and they gave an excellent recomendation
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Val L
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this Fairfield Inn for 2 nights, after staying 2 nights at the neighboring Hampton Inn (both places were great), while visiting family in the Asheville area. Their bath towels and sheets were very soft and comfortable- much more so than the Hampton's. They also had a micro/fridge combo, which was great (again, Hampton did not). The breakfast in the mornings were very good- much more room to eat, and the other guests happened to be quieter and more respectful, than at Hampton. There is definitely more of a 'business traveler vibe' here, which I personally prefer. The indoor pool area is tiny, but at least they have one...

The staff were friendly and accommodating, minus one run-in with an angry housekeeper (not in uniform) who practically hit me with her empty cart, coming off of the elevator. Then she muttered that she was upset to be working on her 'day off' (I tried to make her smile and lighten the situation, but she was still incredibly rude). I know everyone has their bad days, and am not holding this one employee's bad behavior against the hotel in general. Everyone else was extremely friendly.

This Fairfield seemed a little older than the Hampton, although they were in the middle of remodeling their business center. The rooms also seemed a little older, but personally, I think the decor at this Fairfield had much more character than the bland Hampton Inn.

Overall, a very pleasant stay, with the quality and comforts one usually finds with Fairfield Inns.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NicoleCincy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asheville
Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area
SpringHill Suites Asheville
SpringHill Suites Asheville
#38 of 65 in Asheville
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square? Share your experiences!