“Pretty good”

Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Granger, Indiana
“Pretty good”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed in a two queen beds room on the 5th floor. The room was comfortable and clean. The pillows were a bit soft for me (fortunately, I brought my own) but they were fluffy. The amenities in the room were very nice.
The free breakfast was nice. The only note was that they didn't seem prepared to handle the number of people who were there that weekend. It was extremely crowded and a table was not necessarily available. Food was also disappearing faster than they could refill. However, the food was good and varied. Nothing extravagant but enough choices to satisfy everyone. It tasted also very good.
The hotel is located just off of I-26. It was of very easy access and made it easy to jump back on the highway to visit the attractions. There were a few restaurants down the road, nothing extraordinary but convenient. There is also a grocery store nearby, which allowed us to have a picnic in our room our last evening.
We didn't get to try the indoor pool or the business center but they are there.
All in all, a very positive experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank alambor
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during this hectic time of year! I appreciate your understanding about the exceptional number of people at breakfast. During this period of time we find ourselves hosting a lot of families celebrating by visiting family and friends. Our team steps up and kicks into high gear in order to be able to provide all of our guests with a good tasting breakfast prior to beginning their day. I am glad that you liked the food, and our hotel. Thank you again for staying with us. Happy New Year! Barbara Kish / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here and used it as our base of operations while vitsiting Asheville and surrounding areas. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable and safe hotel, this place will exceed your expectations. Friendly and accomodating staff. Great free breakfast in the morning. A bag lunch to take with you if you don't have time for brekfast. Warm cookies in the early evening. It is just a short ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway, which was our main reason for the trip. The location makes it fast and easy to get in and out of downtown Asheville. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DennisDebbie
Dear Dennis&Debbie,
Thank you on behalf of my entire team for taking the time out of your busy Holiday Season to share your experience at our hotel with others. Our team takes a lot of time trying to make certain that all of our guests know that they made the right choice when they selected our hotel to stay at while visiting Asheville. Have a Happy New Year! Safe travels. Barbara Kish/GM
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited Asheville past week. We stayed in a double bed room and it was very clean, seems like the hotel was recently renovated. The free breakfast was also good. They had a good choice of hot and cold breakfast dishes. Would definitely consider staying here if we visit asheville again.

Stayed December 2013
Loveslife56, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on you visit to Asheville. I am glad that you liked our rooms and commented on their cleanliness. Our Housekeeping Team takes great pride in giving all of our guests the best in both product and service. I am happy that we were able to satisfy your expectations! We will be ready for you when you head this way again. Have a wonderful New Year! Barbara Kish / GM
Maryville
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The location is convenient. The property is clean and appears to be well maintained. The hotel staff was kind. We appreciated the fact that the hotel staff called the day before to confirm our reservation (a nice touch). This property was 10,000 points cheaper than downtown locations making it a really good value. The room was nice, a typical hotel room. Our only complaint is with the bed. The bed was hard, uncomfortable and did not make for a good night's sleep. Normally, Hilton properties have comfortable beds. This location is an exception. While the free breakfast looked very nice, we simply weren't interested in fighting with the crowd to get a bagel. We're always surprised at how crazy things get around a free continental breakfast. The hotel guests were a little wild. The good news is that the lady that was overseeing that area was working hard to keep it stocked and well-maintained. She remained calm under pressure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Loveslife56, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Laura: I apologize that the bed you had was too firm and uncomfortable. I am looking into what room you were assigned to see what the problem is and correct it. Thank you for the information. You are right it does get a bit crowded around our Continental Breakfast, but thank you for acknowledging that Laura was keeping everything up and clean under pressure. She loves being able to serve our guests breakfast and her actions demonstrate this! Here is an inside tip: When I travel and stay at Hampton's, When I am checking in I ask if there are any groups in-house and when they will be leaving in the morning, also are they full? They with that information I plan my breakfast around those events to maximize my breakfast experience! Hope that helps...Travel safe and thanks for staying with us. Barbara Kish / GM
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We've stayed at Hampton Inn's throughout the USA and have never been disappointed; the Ashville NC Hampton is not exception. The Hotel is clean with very helpful employees. As a Hilton Honors Member, the check-in & check-out process is fast & easy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Herbert M
Dear Bud:
It is great to learn that you are a loyal Hampton Inn Guest, as a Brand we place great value on our return guests. Thank you for letting us know that we lived up to your expectations. Safe travels and have a great Holiday Season. Barbara KIsh / GM
Venice, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We made the trip with our service dog to go for a hiking trip to Linville falls and gorge which was only 45 min away from the hotel. The rooms were very cozy and comfortable after a long day of hiking! I was surprised that this Hampton inn was this nice and comfortable considering some have a bad reputation. Our room on the first night was next to the stairs door and our window overlooked the overhang in front of the hotel where the cars pull up. Apparently there were a lot of guests arriving late that night because all we heard (while we were trying to sleep) were car doors slamming. After, the many latecomers checked in and stopped slamming their doors, they let their children loose to run and stomp in the hallways above us until about 2am.

Considering we had a long day of hiking ahead of us, I wanted the next night of slumber to be undisturbed. That morning I asked one of the front desk workers to please transfer us to a different room on the top floor away from the stairs door and not facing the front. Luckily many guests were checking out that day and they were able to have a room ready to go for us on the top floor as soon as we got back from seeing beautiful linville falls and gorge. Continental breakfast was good but crowded (which is to be expected). Nice rooms and great employees but they cannot help who checks in and how their guests let their children make a ruckus. But, at least they are accommodating!

Room Tip: 2nd floor get a room far away from the 'Stairs' door. Room 200 is the one right next to it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Loveslife56, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Rachel:
Wow it sounds as though you had a very memorable trip to Western NC! Thank you so much for including us in your plans. I am happy that we were able to accommodate your room move the next morning, occasionally we do have families that are exiting the hotel early morning. I am glad that we were able to get you to a room far and above the noise that day. Again, thank you for all of your input and comments regarding our hotel and team, we are glad that we were there for you after a long day of hiking and exploring our beautiful mountains. Have a wonderful Holiday Season filled with both old and new memories! Barbara Kish / GM
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This Hampton has very small rooms. It does not have suites so if you have 4 people you will be crowded. We stayed 3 night's and we were cramped up together and it was not a pleasant experience in any way. We had to move 3 times. Lady bug's were in first room and were everywhere. 2nd room was right by elevator and was woke up 5 a.m by people leaving and going to breakfast. Final room was so tired we did not really care just wanted to get out and leave so we left as early as could that morning. We were told they did not have shuttle to Biltmore after we arrived. We had planned on getting shuttle to keep from driving ourselves and adding more cost to very expensive place. This was not worth price paid. Not happy and will not stay here next time.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are quieter as long as not by elevator. These rooms you can hear other people t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Loveslife56, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear elvislives:

I am sorry that the size of our rooms did not meet with your expectations, they are standard size Hampton Inn rooms, and unfortunately only Hampton Inn & Suites have suites. Our shuttle is advertised as "limited to 5 miles" and unfortunately the Biltmore Estate does not fall within that limit. Again, please accept my apologies, we do also own a Hampton Inn & Suites in this area, and if you find yourself in this area again, please give me a call, and I would love to be able to arrange accommodations that that would better suit your needs. Have a wonderful Holiday Season. Barbara Kish / GM