“great pool and spa”

Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area
Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is usual hampton Inn standard. The rooms are less appealing than some others but clean and very comfortable. It was wonderful to relax in the spa with my husband and my friends after a long drive. Would stay there again.The breakfast is rubbish though IMHO. Good coffee and lunch bags for members.

Room Tip: not by the ice machine or drinks machine. Too noisy. Ask for Ryan he is very helpful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ennasebrof
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear ennasebrof:

I am glad that you liked Ryan he is one of our newest Team Members and our guests love him! I will let our Housekeeping staff know that you appreciated the cleanliness. I am sorry that you found the room and breakfast less than. I noticed that you are from the United Kingdom. My mother is as well, and when I took her back to Chulmsford last year for my Aunt Winnies 100th birthday, we stayed in a hotel and I found their breakfast not the same as ours here in America and the rooms were different as well. I am not saying that as an excuse, just my impression as well. I will take all of comments to heart and will take action where possible. I hope that you have a wonderful visit to America! Happy Holidays. Barbara Kish / GM

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am a Trustee at UNC Asheville, wherein we have a student athlete. As such, we make many, many trips from the Research Triangle area of North Carolina to Asheville. We ONLY stay at the Hampton Inn Biltmore Square. Why?

Over the past several years we have experienced consistent, courteous, quality customer service. In each and every instance we are greeted with a smile, addressed by our last name, and our check-in is expedited. The property is always clean, the rooms equally so (they even "smell" clean), and things are always in proper working order. The food and coffee are consistently appetizing and palatable. The professional and housekeeping staff post a "smile" and always speak. It is as of they are truly glad we are there, and that we return so often.

As "runners", we are close to Bent Creek Forrest and the Blue Ridge Parkway. As diners, we are close to Biltmore Square - an excellent destination for dining, and close to downtown. And, we are close to the State Farmer's Market for fresh fruit, et al.

I can, without hesitation or mental reservation say that each stay at this property more than meets our family needs.

Room Tip: Just explain your needs to the desk, and they will accomodate. The east side sees the sun come up ov...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Kennon B

Dear Kennon B:

I am so glad to hear that you; repeat guest, have always found our hotel to be clean, the Team helpful and welcoming! That is the true mark of a successful hotel, to have our guests return and recommend us to their family & friends, a big thank you on behalf of our entire team. I have a tip since you are a runner: Next time you stay with us, ask for me when you check in: I have access to a truly awesome place to run very close to our hotel! Barbara Kish / GM

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Our stay at Hampton Inn Biltmore Square was just average, but the price of $189 for a night (AARP discount) was excessive. I'm a Hilton Honors member and have stayed in many Hampton Inns, and I didn't see what was special. They had the same smothering duvets, the same waffles in the breakfast room, and the same polite staff Just average.

Room Tip: You need to shop around in Asheville

Dear Cathy F:
I am so sorry that you did not find our hotel to be worth the rate that you agreed upon when you made your reservation. The time of the year and availability plays a huge part in the cost of any hotel room in the world. Unfortunately this is our "High Demand" season and the costs of hotels here in Asheville reflect that. If you were to visit Asheville in the "Off Season" the rates would of course be lower. Again, please accept my apologies. Have a wonderful season filled with many shared memories. Barbara Kish / GM

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We arrived here after a drive from Pigeon Forge and was just a walk in. The lady that checked us in was very much pre occupied in something else and we were told they had only one room ready and this was 2:40 p.m. we said ok.We were put on the 4th floor next to the ice machine and vending room which was no problem but the room was so small. I wondered if this was the standard size room for this motel. The room was very clean. no problem with that ,but if this is a reg. room I would not advise a family of 4 or 2 couples to stay here. Later we talked to the 2 men at the front desk and they were very nice and helpful with our questions they seem to care.If back in Asheville and I will be I will try somewhere else.

1  Thank tcs612

Dear tcs612:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. I am glad that you felt that our hotel was clean and that our Front Desk Team Members gave you great recommendations. I also value your comments on our room size. Due to the construction of the building as in all hotels room dimensions can vary a bit. As a walkin, it becomes a bit more difficult to place you in one of our larger rooms as they were all assigned to guests with reservations. I would love it if the next time you stop over in Asheville you give me a call a day ahead and I will personally take care of your room assignment and I think that we will be able to satisfy your needs! Again, thank you for taking the time to provide me with honest feedback. Barbara Kish / GM

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very quiet sleeping rooms. Very helpful front desk staff. A fairly good breakfast. Very clean inn. Parking easily available at all hours. Computer hook-up available and easily usable. Breakfast staff extremely helpful and kept this facility clean and fully stocked with food. Appreciated the freshly made cookies at the front desk in the evening.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank pearliephd

Thank you for all of your kind comments regarding our Hampton Inn: From breakfast to our rooms and Team members we always strive to provide our guests with a comfortable accommodating place to stay. I am glad that we did that! Have a wonderful rest of the Fall Season. Barbara Kish / GM

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Although the front sliding door didn't work when we arrived, we were still able to bring our luggage in and enjoy the pool / jacuzzi after a strenuous drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway. This hotel is the second of several that we only spent one night in while traveling towards Virginia Beach, VA. The breakfast was very good, and we refilled our water bottles in the fitness center, since no bottles were provided by the hotel (some Hampton's provide them).

Room Tip: Although all rooms are quiet, you might try to get a room on the opposite side of the nearby main hi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear guest

First allow me to apologize for the electronic doors not working properly when you arrived. The issue was resolved the next day when we were able to get the tech out to fix the reader. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and our hotel. We do have cold water available at our front desk, should a guest request some. Again, thank you for your loyalty to our brand and staying at our hotel. Have a wonderful Fall! Barbara Kish / GM

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I am severely allergic to pork and pork products. When I came down for breakfast on the first morning, there was a chafing dish labelled "Cheese Omelets." The omelets looked suspicious to me, so I called over a member of the service staff, and asked if there was any ham in the omelet. He said no. Once again, I asked him, "Are you absolutely sure that there is no meat or meat by-products in there?" He swore there wasn't.

I don't have to tell you what happened. On the second or third bite, I realized there was indeed ham in the omelets, and went to the front desk to complain. The woman at the desk appeared to be sympathetic, and comped my room for the night. A good outcome, do you think? Not really---I was sick to my stomach for most of the day, and had a severe headache. Fortunately I caught it in time, or I might have ended up in the hospital. I would have gladly paid for the room in lieu of being conned into eating ham by an uninformed member of the service staff.

Be careful at this place---they profess to care about customer welfare but don't. At no point in the next 24 hours did I receive any communication from management. In fact, when I checked out, the same woman was at the desk, and she displayed no concern whatsoever over what happened. I imagine they were just happy to see me go, since I had complained.

The management will no doubt respond to this and testify as to how concerned they were, blah blah blah. But at no point did they exhibit that concern.

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest:
I sincerely apologize that you felt less than cared for while you were at my hotel. It is never our intention to displease any of our guests and I want to assure you that we take food safety very seriously and would never allow someone to be uninformed while working in our food service area. Please accept my apology for falling short of your expectations. I tried to contact you but unfortunately you must have been out for the day, so I left a voice mail, perhaps you did not have a chance to listen to it prior to leaving. Thank you for allowing me to apologize and look into your concerns. Respectfully, Barbara Kish / GM