Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
villa park,il
“stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

i will always stay at a hampton inn if possible. the service and breakfast are always wonderful. the staff at this hotel was great. very helpful to us. also offered the tickets to biltmore estate at discounted price, which saved us alot of time.great location to the biltmore. had a flat tire and the staff on duty was very helpful in finding me a tow company.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Mary:
Thanks for all of the great comments about our hotel and our team. We love having our guests stay with us and being able to assist them when needed! Glad you liked the benefit that we offer our guests of getting their Biltmore tickets here at the hotel and saving the time of standing in line at the Estate. Next time that you come to visit us, hopefully there will be no flat tires and the need of a tow truck! Have a great Thanksgiving and again, thank you. Barbara Kish / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Edison, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I would have given 5 stars if I didn't have problem first of 2 night stay. Room 222 is a nonsmoking room which I requested BUT adjoining room 224 is one out of 3 SMOKING permitted rooms. So at about 11:30 pm my next door neighbor decides to smoke and the smoke makes its way under the adjoining door way. Due to the late time, I did not call to front desk to ask what was going on ( I assumed that all rooms were nonsmoking) since my husband was already asleep. I slept with the sheet over my nose because the smell was so strong and stinky. The next morning I mentioned to housekeeping in the hallway and they told me smoking was permitted in that room. After breakfast, I asked front desk for room change and that was no problem. We packed our bags and they were moved by the time we got back from Biltmore tours. This is a very nice, comfortable and accommodating hotel but I had to rate them at only 4 stars for putting a smoking room next to a nonsmoking room with adjoining door. Someone was not thinking!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cressydoodles
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
As a non smoker I too would have had a problem with my next door neighbor's smoke wafting into my room. I am very sorry that this happened. I will note this on my management report to my COO and see if something can be done about this going forward. I am glad that we were able to relocate you to a another room which you found comfortable and pleasant. Thank you for your comments, and I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving. Barbara Kish / GM
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could.

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for 3 nights in a non-smoking double-queen. The room and bathroom were clean upon arrival and kept clean throughout the entire stay. We had no sound-proofing issues in the bedroom portion of our room from other rooms, and the beds were comfortable. As these are my main concerns when staying anywhere, the hotel did great in all these areas. It's a short drive to the Biltmore Estate and village area, so it was very convenient for our purpose. There were many minor issues that kept this hotel from receiving a better rating.

Firstly, the lobby had a musty smell almost every time we entered it. We had our AC on the first night and the fan never kicked off, which made the air in the room super-dry (we left it off the rest of our stay due to this). There is also an issue of the plumbing being very loud (we could hear others plumbing while in our bathroom & our own plumbing from the bedroom). While the rooms and some parts of the public areas of the hotel look revamped, other parts look dated and, thus, out of place. The main elevator is slow and really not enough to deal with the amount of people who need to use it at peak times on busy days. The light fixtures on the second floor hallway near the elevator had a crowd of ladybugs that looked like they might have gotten in from the nearby AC unit.

The kicker was breakfast though. While it was complimentary (which it is apparently a trend for it not to be anymore), most of the breakfast was sub-par. The eggs were too dry every single morning, the other hot food didn't taste that great, and over half the food wasn't even out when we went down the first morning at 6:20am (the breakfast is supposed to start at 6).

All the issues can be fixed relatively easily (except maybe the elevator speed/space) and I do hope the team here works to fix them. The minor issues don't put me off from being willing to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Emily:

Thank you for your constructive comments about your recent stay with us. I was happy that you were pleased when you checked i and found the room clean and that was maintained throughout you stay. We underwent a total renovation 2 years ago and just last week we have placed mico fridges and microwaves in all of our guest rooms an an effort to bring the most up to date features to our guests. The smell that you noticed in our lobby is a new comment for me but you can be certain that I will look into it as well as the early breakfast offerings, it should all be available to our guests at 6am. The speed of the elevator I am not certain about but the water noise in the room will be addressed immediately. Here is a bit of interesting info: The lady bugs were just for about 5 days, the Biltmore Estate releases thousands of them in the fall in their vinyard and some of they pay us a visit. I am sorry that you were here during that event. Again, thank you for taking the time to let me know what your experience was, and I hope that you and your loved ones have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Barbara Kish / GM
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great location, great breakfast, clean, quiet and overall a good stay. ONLY PROBLEM, hot tub was cold. Colder than the pool, and that isn't saying much as the pool isn't all that warm either. That's it. If you don't care about the hot tub, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Kyle:
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I apologize that our hot tub was not warm when you were here with us. I have my Maintenance Chief looking into that right now. I thank you on behalf of my team for your comments about hotel's cleanliness, we value that along with our guest service. Please let me now when you will be back in Asheville again so that I can personally take care of you. Happy Holidays to you and all of those that you hold dear. Barbara Kish / GM
Hull, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our room was 426, which is at the very end of the long hallway. The room was as expected for Hampton Inn, clean, comfortable beds, etc. The first day we parked in the back of the hotel and had only a few steps to the side door, which was a good thing. But the second day we were there, we left to go sight seeing and when we returned at 3:00 in the afternoon, the entry to the back parking lot was blocked by a Hampton Inn Van. So we went in the front and I ask why we could not get in the back parking lot and the girl at the front desk, was said that there was a truck unloading in the back. Ok. So around 7:00 we left to go eat dinner and the van was still there, and it was still there when we came back. I ask again why it was still there and she said that there was a truck back there and we could not park back there. It was Monday, she did not offer us a room closer to the front, didn't say she was sorry about the inconvenience, she was not apologetic about the inconvenience, and I think it could have been handled differently. But all in all it was up to par for Hampton Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Sherida:
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your experience with us. I am sorry that my Front Desk Person did not explain why we had the back lot blocked off in better detail. We were beginning the installation of new Cabinets that will house new microwaves and fridges in all of our rooms. We needed the back lot area as the first Semi arrived at 1am for us to be able to unload at 8am. We are now about halfway through the installation of these wonderful new items that will enable our guests to feel even more at home when they stay with us. We will be finished by tomorrow. Again, I am so sorry that my person on my Front Desk did not explain this to you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and thank you for staying with us. Barbara Kish / GM
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have not stayed here in a few years, but have stayed here a number of times prior, primarily due to location. Aside from the higher "fall leaf" rates at this time of year, we had a good stay. One disappointment is when it was updated, not sure when, but looks like within the last year or so, they did not put microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Franklin, NC the nite before, and it had these. Breakfast was good...typical stuff, but the scrambled eggs two ways was a nice surprise...plain and with cheese and ham. Location is convenient to everything in and around Asheville. Beds are great!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest: Thanks for stopping by again. Glad you liked the renovation that we did a couple of years ago. Here is the good news..the next time that you come for a visit we will have our new in room microwaves and fridges! We are beginning the installation the first part of November. So, not only will you be able to enjoy our great beds, but you will be able to have a cold beverage as well! Thanks for your continued loyalty. Barbara Kish /GM
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stay at a lot of Hampton Inns for work and I like the consistency that the brand offers. This one is updated, the beds are super comfy, temps are controlled on the wall {that is huge for me} and it is very, very clean! I will agree with others that the staff is super friendly and helpful. I have stayed here frequently and will continue to do so.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Jayhawk:
We appreciate you and the wonderful comments that you made about your most recent stay with us. Like you, many of our guests love thecomy beds and our accommodating team ready to help you at a moments notice! Have a wonderful Autumn and we will see you soon. Barbara Kish / GM