“Very satisfactory stay”

Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very satisfactory stay”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Hampton is so wonderfully consistent! We love that we know exactly what to expect. The cleanliness, friendliness, hot breakfast, and of course free wi-fi are the foundational elements we need in a hotel, and the Hampton always delivers. Just a note--I made the assumption without verifying that this hotel is down the street from the Biltmore Estate, but it is actually across the street from the Biltmore street mall, which is about 15 minutes from the Estate. That was fine with us since the hotel is such a good value. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Larissa
Thank you for your great comments about our hotel and the Hampton Brand! We feel, like you that consistency is what sets us apart in a world full of hotels. Than you for your loyalty to our brand and for staying with us. Yours in Hamptonality! Barbara Kish / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Pasadena, California
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We purchased a Biltmore Estate package with this hotel and were definitely rewarded! This hotel is nice and clean (they left a note saying that they washed the duvet cover for us) and has the best complimentary breakfast I have ever had. Waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, coffee, yogurt, cereal, the works! Great place to stay when passing through Asheville. You are only a short drive from the city.

Room Tip: This hotel has a great Biltmore Estate package!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jordan H
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Jordan:
Thank you so much for telling us about your experience that you had while staying with us this weekend we love being partners with the Biltmore Estate and all that it offers, and I am glad that you took advantage of that! Our Breakfast team of Pam & Chelsea take great pride in providing fresh / hot food to our guests so that they start there day out right! Again, thank you and may you and your family have a wonderful Fall season. Barbara Kish / GM
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel is very nice. The staff is extremely helpful and kind. The hotel is evenly located between my work locations in Greenville, SC and Asheville, NC which makes this hotel very convenient. This hotel is also very close to the Biltmore area in Asheville and usually the room rates are better than other hotels of similar quality in that area?

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Derikk T
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for your response to your stay with us a couple of days ago! I love te fact that we are convient to you as a midpoint. I hear that a lot from my business guests. We appreciate your kind words and especially those related to our team, they love what they do and work very hard to ensure that all of our guests are taken care of. Have a great time as the Summer winds down, and we will be here when you need us! Barbara Kish / GM
Nashville
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton two nights in August 2012 while I was in town for a golf outing. My wife shopped while I played poor golf. We have stayed in many Hamptons, Hampton Suites, and other Hilton family properties over the past 10 - 15 years. On the positive side, this one, like most Hilton properties, was clean, both inside and on the grounds, and our room was very clean and well appointed. The king size bed was very comfortable. Since this Hampton is not a “suite” hotel, the room, designated as a “King Study” (Room 414) was smaller than we are accustomed to in the Hilton studio or one bedroom suites, but it was fine for our purposes. Most of the hotel staff seemed personable and friendly. The free parking, and complimentary USA Today newspaper, breakfast and Internet access were provided, as I think they are in all Hampton Inns. We were on a non-smoking floor, and it was truly free of smoke smell. The hallways, unlike a lot of hotels, were air conditioned and comfortable as well.

I only rated the hotel 3 stars due to several relatively minor complaints, but when added together, they reduced my rating. I'd rate it 3.5 if I could. Our LG flat screen occasionally shut off for no apparent reason, and it was very difficult at times to get the channels we wanted. I assume there was a problem with the tuner or the remote, but it was sporadic. We were able to deal with it since we watched very little TV anyway. Secondly, our room, which was located overlooking the parking lot and indoor pool roof, had one window (see my photo of the view). Although it had a heavy room-darkening drape that covered most of the window, it was an inch or so short in height, and did not completely block out the light on the bottom or one side. Since the roof over the pool was white, and several parking lot lights are nearby, the light that reflected off the roof and leaked into the room was quite bright - both after dark, and in the early hours of daylight. Since I prefer total darkness when I sleep, the light leak made sleep somewhat difficult for me. My only other complaint was in connection with breakfast. Only three cereals were offered, all for children: Fruit Loops, sugar coated Cheerios, and Raisin Bran. I usually load up on unsweetened Wheaties, Bran Flakes, Grape Nuts, Corn flakes or Rice Crispies, but none were available. Scrambled eggs were available, but were burned up and dry on both days. When my wife asked an attendant if fresh eggs were available, her response, after looking at the brown and yellow dried up mess in the serving container, was “What’s wrong with these?” There was other food available, and I enjoyed the waffles, fruit and coffee.

The interior door to the only elevator was decorated with what I assume is a typical Hampton Inn banner, although I have never seen this specific one before. It pictured a baby wrapped in white bedding, followed by the words “sleep naked” (see my photo), then went on to state how great the bedding is. Cute, but probably not what parents of young children would want to explain to their curious little eyes.

Finally, and this is not a complaint, and did not effect me, but is just an observation for visitors unfamiliar to the area. The “Biltmore Square” part of the name of this hotel is somewhat misleading. Biltmore Village Square is located about 7 miles away from the Hampton Inn Biltmore Square. The hotel is fairly close to the Biltmore Estate property’s western perimeter, but some 7+ miles from the entrance to the Estate and the surrounding Biltmore Village shops.

All in all, a nice hotel, but bring a sleeping blindfold, and your own cereal....

Room Tip: Non-smokers will be happy with the 4th floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 275GTB4
I want to thank you for taking the time to write down your thoughts about your recent stay with us last week. I was happy to learn that you did like the cleanliness and our team. I was sorry to hear about the blackout drape and the light that was able to come through, you can be certain that this is being looked at and will be addressed immediately. We do offer the bulk cereal option, in trying to reduce our hotels carbon footprint, and be as green as we possibly can. That particular morning we probably had those options for cereal, but we co have rice crispies and had you asked one of my breakfast persons they would have been happy to get you a bowl. The eggs: I apologize for the hostess response to you, that was not apropriate and I am sorry. The elevator wrap that you commented on, is one that has recently been issued to Hampton Inns when our wraps become old and worn. We have received a lot of positive comments about it, but I can see your point as well. Again thank you for your comments, and if you find yourself in Asheville again, I would appreciate the opportunity to show you and your family that we can do it right! Please give me a call so that I can take care of you personally. Yours in Hospitality, Barbara Kish/ GM
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here three nights while in Asheville and had a good stay from check in to check out. Nice and friendly front desk and anxious to accommodate requests. Beds very comfortable and nice clean bathroom. Breakfast food is typical hotel continental which isn't my favorite but the coffee is good in room as well as downstairs. Good wifi in room. Will definately stay again (but go elsewhere for breakfast.)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Mary
Thank you for your comments about our hotel, it's rooms,the cleanliness and especially our team! I love the fact that you stayed with us 3 days, so you were able to see that we genuinely love our guests and taking care of them! We will be here for you when you return to our wonderful city! Have a great rest of the summer and may all of your travels be safe ones. Barbara Kish / GM
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a clean, comfortable, and quiet hotel that is run well by a friendly and helpful staff. We were just here overnight one night but were impressed by everyone we encountered. We've spent quite a bit of time in Asheville in the past and this would be a great place to stay to visit Biltmore.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Jason,
Hello neighbor! Thanks for coming down the mountain. On behalf of my entire team here at Hampton Inn / Biltmore Square I want to thank you first for selecting our hotel and secondly for taking the time to mention your experience with us here on Trip Advisor. Jason, we look forward to seeing you and your family again, and you are right, we are a great place to stay to see the Biltmore Estate, check out the package that we offer! It is an awesome deal. Have a great Summer. Barbara Kish / GM
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed here recently, and I can't say enough good things about it! We were warmly greeted late by a staffer that understood that we were exhausted and were a little "needy." We were impressed by how clean and modern the facility was, and they have a great CLEAN indoor pool that our kids loved! It was quiet, well managed, and impeccably maintained. The free breakfast was just your average somewhat tasteless food..but hey..it's free. We will definitely stay at this property again!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Sanslark:
Thank you for selecting us to be your first review as well as your home away from home while you were here in Asheville! I am glad that we were here when you arrived exhausted and a bit needy, We specialize in that! Loved that your children had a great time in our pool and that you found that area as well as our rooms very clean. This is our promise to all of our guests and we do not take that for granted. Have a wonderful rest of the Summer and thank you again for selecting us! Barbara Kish / General Manager