“Accessible, clean, friendly...”

Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area
Ranked #18 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed September 30, 2011

My colleague and I spent one night here on a business trip this week. The staff were very kind and friendly. The room was modern and clean. Breakfast was as expected - very typical for a Hampton Inn. Parking was convenient and free. Easy access to the highway. Everything was "easy" here. The only issue I had was that the A/C unit had a rattle that seemed out of the normal for the unit. I'm sure they would have switched our room, but we were too tired to complain or move so just delt with it for a night.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Thank you for your comments about your stay when you were on a business trip this week. I appreciate your comments about the air conditioner in your room, I will have my Maintenance Chief look at it immediately to see what is the matter, and you are correct had we know about it, we would have moved you immediately. We always appreciate when we get feedback from our guests, and I loved your comment about everything being "Easy." We like it when our guests do not have any worries. Thank you again, and when your business brings you to this area again we will be glad to provide you with the type of service that you have come to expect. Barbara Kish / GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,152)

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We have stayed at several Hampton's, and always find them quite nice. This Hampton in Asheville was quite nice, having done a remodel fairly recently. We found the room very comfortable, with nice furnishings. The beds were a bit hard, but not bad for a hotel bed. The hotel staff is amazingly friendly. From our check-in, to service, to breakfast, to check-out, everyone was super friendly, helpful, and nice. If we asked where something was, they not only told us, but also printed Google maps instantly for us. The free breakfast was very good. My only complaint would be in the variety. At other Hampton's, we've had french toast, omelets, etc. This one, we stayed for a week, and really had two different breaskfasts. Don't get me wrong, they were good, but it got a little repetitive. The pool facility was very nice - it's decorated well, and also has some high-top umbrella tables to make it feel like it's outside, even though it's an indoor pool. The facility was quite clean and well maintained. Overall, our extended family was at four different hotels in Asheville, and I'd say we had the nicest/best room and overall hotel. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding you recent stay with us. Our team loves what they do and it shows! I appreciate your comments about breakfast variety and I will definitely look into that! Again thank you for taking the time to let me as well as the Trip Advisor community that you felt that we met and exceeded your expectations. Barbara Kish/ GM

Reviewed September 25, 2011

My family and I had stayed at Hampton Inn I-26 a few years ago. Since that time, the hotel has undergone a complete renovation. Obviously, it was good enough the first time that we wanted to go back again. The new renovations have made it even better. The staff who work here are among the nicest, most accommodating staff we have ever met.

We arrived at approximately 5:30 in the afternoon along with many other travelers. Experience has taught us that our check-in procedure would not be completed for at least 30 minutes with that many people. Within 10 minutes we were checked in and in the elevator on the way to our room. The room, as well as the entire hotel, was very clean. The room did seem a little small, but it wasn't small enough to be unliveable. While in the bathroom, I could hear people in the hallway, but it wasn't disruptive. There is enough space and "buffering" between the beds and the door that we never heard any noise unless we were in the bathroom. The beds were extremely comfortable.

My husband took advantage of the fitness room while we were there. He said it was quite adequate. He also liked that it was near the pool rather than an out-of-the-way space that some hotels offer. We did not take advantage of the pool, which is indoor, because we just didn't think ahead to pack our swimsuits. The pool area is very attractive and rather relaxing with its decor and lighting.

We often observed people sitting in the lobby areas drinking coffee, relaxing, and socializing. This gave the hotel a welcoming feel. Breakfast was quite good. We appreciated the variety of selections and especially the cleanliness of the area.

We will definitely stay here again.

Dear Homeschoolmom
Thank you so much for taking the time to let people know exactly what your experience was with us, and that our team took care of all of your needs while you were with us. From our Housekeepers who take pride in the job they do every day for all of our guests, to our Breakfast Hostess, Samantha who loves to connect with our guests at breakfast and provide them with a great breakfast to begin their day! We hope that you have a great Fall season, and hope to have you visit again soon, 2 years is way too long! Best Wishes. Barbara Kish G/M

Reviewed September 13, 2011

My brothers, their spouses, my husband & I stayed at the Hampton Inn I26 Biltmore Sq for a reunion. The rooms were wonderful, the breakfasts great, but the service was over the top. Printed driving directions were provided for each restaurant we visited for each carload. They provided wine glasses each evening for our chats in the lobby. They were knowlegeable about the city and superb in providing service. Thank you, Brian & Michael, Lindsey, Lauren, & Reggie, and our night time staff of Kent & Ethan.

• Stayed: September 2011
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

On behalf of my Team: Thank You! We were so glad that you selected us to gather for your family reunion, and that you loved not only our hotel, but us! Everyone here loves helping our guests however they can, and I am glad that you recognized this and took the time to let the Trip Advisor Community know. Have a wonderful Fall season, and we will be here for you the next time you visit our beautiful city! Barbara Kish / GM

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great hotel, very clean and great amenities, very cozy room. Nice tv, bathroom, and beds. They did have a pool. Wonderful location just off the blue ridge parkway. There was a great deal of road construction going on near the hotel when we visited in Sept 2011. I feel that the price was probably a bit high, but I realize that Hilton takes alot of pride in their name, and I chose to pay the price. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank uscmike1
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

what a great idea taking the short drive from Columbia SC up to the mountians of Western NC for a quick getaway! On behalf of myself and my team thank you for selecting us to be your "Home away from home!" We appreciate all of your wonderful comments and look forward to seeing you the next time that you visit Asheville! Barbara Kish / GM

Reviewed September 9, 2011

I am writing this review from their lobby computer. I am amazed at this staff! The manager whose name tag says Michelle? was amazing! He convinced us to stay here, he personally brought us up to the room and talked to us about the hotel in such an honest, friendly way. He told us all about restaurants in Asheville that sounded amazing!
As I sit here writing this review the front desk girl is being super helpful to the guests and the manager is giving more mouth-watering restaurant ideas!!
They even have a restaurant guide of the staff's picks with menus included. The service couldn't be better.
The rooms are beautiful and if you book multiple nights you can get a discount! We saved $20 just by booking two nights! We've been to Asheville countless times and usually stay at the Fairfield next door, but never again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LizzyStar
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

WOW! We love to hear when we surpass our guests expectations! We love Asheville and when our guests ask us, we are more than willing to share with them our own unique take on our city. Speaking for Michel and the rest of our Terrific Team here at Hampton Inn / Biltmore Square thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about us, our beautiful and clean hotel, the value and level of service that we take extreme pride in with all of our guests. We will be here the next time that you find your way back to Asheville NC! Yours in Hospitality, Barbara Kish / GM

Reviewed September 8, 2011

This place was so clean and the staff were the most personable that I have found in awhile. The pool, weight room, and hot tub were immaculate. The rooms were clean and the bed was awesome. You won't be disappointed. Kudos to the Hampton Inn on I-26 in Asheville.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Dear Hilton Head:
Thank you so much for taking the time to let people know what you thought about our hotel and our team. Our Housekeeping Team takes great pride in our hotel and the job that they do every day. Thank you again! Barbara Kish / General Manager